Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a manufactured house and have thought about this type of insulation.I am thinking about using it underneath and get rid of that insulation there now. Has anyone used this insulation and how is it? How is it sprayed with the plumbing and duct work there? How about the price and any other info? thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
My aunt has it in her home. It is sprayed over everything but the duct work, I think. She says it works really well because it seals off all of the cracks to the outside and provides a good R value (R 20 I think). It is a bit more expensive, if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
We're having it professionally installed some time in the next 2 weeks. We can let you know how it works.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is more expensive than traditional insulation. Not sure how it's done in an establish home. I had it done in our 24 x 14 shed before we put up the dry wall. It cost about $1800, but it was also "green" spray foam insulation. It was natural and didn't have any of the chemicals most spray insulations on the market have today. That probably made it more expensive.

Jim

·
Registered
573 Posts
If you live in a termite area spray insulation is not recommended as the inspector will not be able to see under it to check for termites.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have used the DIY kits and, although expensive, it really worked well. I was very happy with the result. Probably could have had more done by a pro, but they wanted a minimum of 3k to come out and do the job. Cost me about 2,500. One of the few times that my signature line is not accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts