spools for fun

Discussion in 'Goats' started by SusanB, Aug 26, 2006.

1. SusanB

SusanB Well-Known Member

Just picked up three spools of different sizes for my goats (which I'm not getting until the spring) great find for $5. Lucky me!

2. goatedintoit

goatedintoit Truly Gems ADGA Nubians

I get my spools at Home Depot. The usually destroy them so I get them for free, if they have one available. Just got another one yesterday. I have to put wood over the holes on the ends so they don't hurt themselves.

I bet the ones you got are bigger than the ones I can get at Home Depot. I know your goats will love them. :hobbyhors

3. Idahoe

Idahoe Menagerie More~on

I wish we NEEDED wooden spools . . . the goat pen is full of nice stumps from a logging back in the mid 90s. There are a couple of huge slash piles that never got burned and are now hills of dirt and tasty wild rose leaves. I am horrified to see those precious udders swinging around against all the stuff they love to climb on. I do fairly frequent "once overs" on them as I only have 10, and I don't have the heart to keep them in the pen until I have to this fall.

I had two kids standing on the hood of my car once. This was weeks ago when they were still small, I have no idea how they got up there, but they sure love to climb. I'm sure they'll love your spools.