spiders under toilet seat

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mrglock27, Sep 27, 2006.

1. mrglock27

mrglock27 Well-Known Member

This is kinda like the spider in the boot thing. I usually lift the toilet lid and wad up a piece of toilet paper and run it under the rim on the inside. When I was about 10 years old there was a yellow jacket under it and it scared the crap out of me, didn't sting me though. I've seen spiders a couple times too over the years. Don't want them biting anything important, wink wink.

2. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

OMG :help: I never even thought of that before. Now I'll be paranoid every time I have to use the bathroom!

3. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

When you visit Australia they warn you to always check under toilet seats ALWAYS.

Of course, in Australia, they've got something like 17 different species of arachnid that can kill you.... :D

Tracy

4. triana1326

triana1326 Dances in moonlight

Good thing you were already on the toilet, huh? :p

Couldn't resist!! :baby04:

5. Farmer Willy

Farmer Willy Well-Known Member Supporter

As in the 'spider in the boot' thread, the spider has more to worry about than me. I've yet to see the spider that can light a match.

6. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

7. kitaye

kitaye Well-Known Member

My grandfather had that happen but it was a hornet. Granny said it was the first relief she had gotten since they were married. It wasn't until I was 22 or so that I finally understood what she meant..<where is the light bulb smiley>

8. vicker

vicker Well-Known Member

When she was just a wee lass, someone told my older sister (2 years older) that a "china man" could come up in the toilet and poke her in the bottom with a fork :shrug: For YEARS she was terrified to sit on the toilet. I think she finally got over it... I should give her a call :D

9. Gideon

Gideon Well-Known Member

We used to take a piece of newspaper, light it, and sweep it under the rim of the johnny house occasionally-being careful not to set the outhouse on fire of course. :)

10. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

My uncle Paul had just added a bathroom onto the back of his house and had not yet connected the drain pipe to the septic. We were visiting and he showed us a 'pet' snake that had decided to crawl into the toilet from the pipe outside. I was about 10 years old. I still turn on the light in the bathroom to look before I sit down. Also my Dad was bitten by a brown recluse spider, on the back of his knee while camping and using an inside toilet at the camp. My son found a swimming mouse in the toilet, during a cold winter. We still laugh about the mouse.
    Also, I was traumatised as a teen. I was at a friend's party and there was a line for the bathroom. As i came out of the bathroom, a boy said 'could you here us out here? because we sure could hear you!' As I had only peed, it wasn't that bad but very embaressing when you are a teen.