Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who are interested in those "Mason Jar Gifts" I have found a GREAT website!! :dance: I needed ideas for Cmas gifts for my SIL and church friends, and I wanted to give them something practical and frugal (money is tight). So, I thought "How about some of those things that you put in mason jars?" After googling the idea, I found this site.....

http://budget101.com/seasoning_mixes.htm

Although I can't fill a mason jar with spice mixes, I can refill some of the spice jars that I have washed and saved, print a nice little label, and have a neat little gift............that doesn't cost me much! :clap:

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
Excellent idea. A fancy piece of cloth or something on the top might be a good idea, also. Would you be using dried herbs that you had grown yourself to make these mixes from? (Boy, now there's a sentence to be proud of. Poor english there, and puncuation, and I just read all of this and think I should stop now and hit the post button and just be ashamed of myself!)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I ground dehydrated peppers this afternoon. I'm including home grown chili powder in a few gift baskets this year. Was going to be chili kits, but alas the Horticultural beans for the dried bean component failed this year.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
AWESOME idea! Thank you for the link!

Twila

1 - 4 of 4 Posts