Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dw says i can figure out allmost anything however she sais maybee i shouldnt be on here so much becouse my spelling sucks and maybee people have a hard time understanding what i am saying am i that bad :haha:

·
Offgridkindaguy
792 Posts
The human mind .

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deson't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

·
Registered
561 Posts
12vman said:
The human mind .

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deson't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?
Awesome! I think I can read that faster :haha:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I can, too!! And I've been wasting all this time going back & fixing stuff that I got backwards.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
We don't mind how you type. Just have fun! One of us goofballs will figure it out. :D Glad you joined in. :) I am one of those who no one seems to understand, including myself, and especially my husband. :haha:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12vman said:
The human mind .

that is very cool

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am a horrible speller. Love to read and can read anything but cant spell to save me. I have a spell checker [ looks like a calculator] which you type in how you think a word is spelled and it corrects it for you. Its great and they are only about twenty dollars.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Same as i do Unc, fudge it or use a different word. I can't spell punctuate or co-ordinate teh ol fingers to hit the right keys reliably at all. Besides i had History teachers that took off history marks for spelling errors but the English teachers wouldn't teach spelling! Just gettign my own back I guess! Fair enough to blame the entire collapse of civilization on History teachers in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Although my DH is a horrible speller, he has more common sense & is one of the most intelligent people I know. He was busy learning about important stuff when spelling was being taught. Please don't stop coming here because of your spelling--it doesn't matter. The good ideas that you have to share is what is important.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kathy H said:
I am a horrible speller. Love to read and can read anything but cant spell to save me. I have a spell checker [ looks like a calculator] which you type in how you think a word is spelled and it corrects it for you. Its great and they are only about twenty dollars.
well it seems there are alot of people in the same boat as me so instead of paying 20 dollors for a spell checker ill take that money and buy some paint that i need real bad

·
Gimme a YAAAAY!
5,327 Posts
OD said:
Although my DH is a horrible speller, he has more common sense & is one of the most intelligent people I know. He was busy learning about important stuff when spelling was being taught. Please don't stop coming here because of your spelling--it doesn't matter. The good ideas that you have to share is what is important.

OD, I gotta tell ya... mtman is my DH. I do tease him about his spelling (sese pool = cess pool, etc.) but like your DH, he is without a doubt the most capable, intelligent person I know. :worship: Nothing is ever hard for him. He finds a solution (without hardly any stress) for everything we run up against. In fact, that's why every day with him is an "easy day". I'm truly blessed! :dance:

~EasyDay

·
Gimme a YAAAAY!
5,327 Posts
And for the record... I didn't tell him not to go on these forums. I was teasing him and said that folks probably don't know what a sese pool is, or a frtired plumber, for that matter.

I love the fact that he has found a place to talk with others with the same interests as us and share ideas. But, with that said, if you ever need an interpreter, just ask for me! :haha:

·
Registered
891 Posts
12vman : I could defiantly read that much faster! Thats scary. :eek:

Funny i used to be fairly good at spelling,if it wasnt completely correct atleast it was close enough.But for some reason my brain just cant get the words out of my head correctly any more.If at all.Thank goodness for spell check.(i run a program (ieSpell) downloaded for free,from somewhere,it is awsum)It usually figures out what i meant to spell, now if everyone else can just figure out what it was i trying/meant to say as well. :D

To many welding fumes,now paint fumes,lead paint,the list is scary.But ill bet the reason for my brain lagging is one of them,or could be all of them. :D

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Well it would really help matters if everybody who 'spoke' the same language could agree on the spelling part. And then leave it alone! If you read any older books, the spelling of many words has changed over the years. And if you compare spelling between countries that 'speak English' you will find quite a divergence there. And for the rest of us who can't 'hear' the diff between vowel sounds and contantly switch our e's i's o's a's and u's around, well, I think we just need to relax a little. Hey, if I weren't a little dislexic I would prolly not be an artist! And I'd rather paint than spell. :haha:

·
Voice of Reason
51,322 Posts
In the Arabic language the English spellings of their words is arbitrary. They have a totally phonetic language and simply don't worry about how a word is spelled.

I used to live & work on Arabia and saw signs where words were spelled all sorts of way. For example, they have a word that means 'waterfront drive' (usually a road along a river, lake or ocean). The street signs around Jeddah that indicated the direction to the Red Sea would have the spellings:

Cournish, Kornice, Cornice, Kournish, Cournise, etc...

I asked someone about that soon after I arrived. I was told that none is correct and none is wrong, as long as it was pronounced the same. I have to admit, it was nice to not have to worry about spelling!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts