Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keep a certain young family in your prayers. a good friend of mine has died from cancer. he was one of the good guys. he was the kind of guy that never changed much from his youth, except to become more responsible. he always had a smile and a laugh for everyone. he was tough on the football field, a terror in the the forest and softspoken to those he loved.

i am without words to offer his widow. she had been widowed once before by cancer...also another one of the good guys. these two men were probably the best folks you could ever imagine. i feel so bad for this lady, i would have no idea what to say. she now has to finish raising her lovely daughters on her own and with a twice broken heart.

just keep them in your prayers for a while.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
To lose 2 husbands to cancer...I can't even imagine.

I'm so sorry.

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
I am sorry. There really are no words, just let her know you are there to give a hand if she needs it. Will keep her family in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Tell her there are people who care and are praying for her encouragement.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would tell her exactly what you told us - including that you don't know what to say to comfort her. All of you are in my prayers.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Prayers for that lady and her family - and YOU.

I hope she finds comfort in her memories and children and good friends.

Angie

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Meloc, I'm very sorry about your friend. Will pray for him and his family.........

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i haven't seen any of her family yet. i really fear the worst for her. i know how hard she took the loss of her first husband and i can only imagine how she feels now. not only do i fear for her ability to cope with her feelings, but i fear for her faith. i know she had a lot of anger the first time, understandably so i suppose, but i really worry now. i can't even really express myself about this very well. it is really hard to grasp. sure, i mourn for my friend, but my mind is wrapped up in concern for her and her girls. i think these folks could seriously use some positive thoughts from all who care.

thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts