Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're a western PA farm in an unexpected personal situation and need to disperse our very wonderful Pygora herd.
We have left about a dozen Pygora does -- adult, yearling, and one doeling -- of all colors, and mostly type A/B or B fleeces. Truly outstanding bloodlines -- McTimmonds Valley Farm, Hollyhock Hollow, Hawks Mountain Ranch, etc. -- that we imported with great care from the West Coast over the past five years.
This is heartbreaking for us, but we so much want these goats to go to people who will appreciate them! If you know Pygoras and know about these farms of origin, you know what I mean. If you don't yet know Pygoras or the phenomenon of their exquisite supersoft fleece, time to discover them! This breed is catching on in the East very very fast. We sold 47 of the herd over the spring and summer, from Oregon to Maine, with no paid advertising whatsoever.
All are healthy and happy. Ages from three months (the doeling) to one year (three yearlings) to two, three and four years old. Bargain basement prices from $275 to $325, except for one awesome-fleeced two-year-old doe with a double teat (who nursed her first twins this year with no problem at all) who will be $225. Transportation available.
Contact us privately at [email protected], or stop by our (very out-of-date!) website, www.pygoraseast.com.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
No, I didn't get a chance to talk, but your animals looked great. My son really likes the look of your pygora's compared to our pygmy's.

They were very friendly & so cute.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much! Those were six of 'em. I hope you know that their fleece gets much longer and fuller than what you saw at the Farm Show. They were all in their summer threads!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.