Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Milk Maid
2,514 Posts
Melissa, the blue probably brings out your eyes beautifully!

I look best in maroon... seems I always get a lot of compliments when I wear that color, and I've noticed it does seem to complement me. It's not really a color I wear in Spring/Summer though.

· Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I go by how a color makes me feel. For the longest time I had only dark colors; navy, burgandy, forrest green, black etc. But recenlty I kind of got into greens, and now I have three or four shirts that are differing shades of green. Green is soothing and calming to me so right now that is the color I am favoring. I don't wear yellow, though because it makes me look sick. If I were to go by the "seasonal" colors I am an Autumn, and I do admit that I look best in browns and rust.

God bless you and yours
Deb

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
I have an old book somewhere packed away called "Color Me Beautiful". It deals with how colors enhance or detract from your looks. The book has an exercise where you cover your hair, remove makeup and in natural light use different colored fabrics near your face to find your true best colors. Its pretty dramatic how well it works. They have the colors divided into 'seasons'.

The right right colors make you look better - healthier, happier.

There are colors that make me look downright ill and others that make me look radiently healthy. Yeah, I believe in this concept.

I look best in the cool colors - true, clear colors of winter and icy pastels of summer.

Halo

· In Memorium
11,142 Posts
HaloHead said:
I have an old book somewhere packed away called "Color Me Beautiful". It deals with how colors enhance or detract from your looks. The book has an exercise where you cover your hair, remove makeup and in natural light use different colored fabrics near your face to find your true best colors. Its pretty dramatic how well it works. They have the colors divided into 'seasons'.

The right right colors make you look better - healthier, happier.

There are colors that make me look downright ill and others that make me look radiently healthy. Yeah, I believe in this concept.

I look best in the cool colors - true, clear colors of winter and icy pastels of summer.
Halo
I am definitely a "winter" and, oddly enough,so is Roger. Oddly I say, because I have black hair and brown eyes and he has dark blond hair and blue eyes. It think that it has more to do with skin tone though.

We cannot wear yellow except in VERY pale tones as it makes us look sick.

Rich colors such as kelly green, turquoise, burgandy(sp?), black are good.

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
turtlehead said:
That's an OLD book? :eek:

Why, it came out about...
Never mind. :p
:rotfl: That's exactly the thought I had. Let's see I got that book, ...uhhh, well I've been here 10 yrs and it was before I worked at... :eek:

Ardie - I wait till the current fashions are pushing my colors to buy sweaters and jackets. Don't you just hate those orange and harvest gold years? Makes me look like I have a stomach flu. :rolleyes:

Halo

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm an autumn...I happen to look really good in harvest gold and orange (he, he :) ). Seriously, my favorite colors are greens, golds, browns, etc. and those turned out to be my top colors in the Color Me Beautiful test.

I look like a ghost when I wear pastels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.