Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. And we go even further down the same rat hole. Is there nothing we can do right these days or are we to blame for every misfortune in the world?

The obvious solution is government mandated learning of sign language for everyone.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
That's right. And we go even further down the same rat hole. Is there nothing we can do right these days or are we to blame for every misfortune in the world?

The obvious solution is government mandated learning of sign language for everyone.
Did you even read the article?

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you even read the article?

Yes, I read the article. The fact is it is misleading at best as it never proved anything. Why would anyone write such garbage with no evidence? Why would a site like Forbes pick it up? Fake news at its finest.

Reactions: sharkerbaby

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yes, I read the article. The fact is it is misleading at best as it never proved anything. Why would anyone write such garbage with no evidence? Why would a site like Forbes pick it up? Fake news at its finest.
It never claimed to prove anything. It was put forward by the researchers as a hypothesis as well as a call for further research to either support or disprove their theory.

·
Premium Member
24,363 Posts
Maybe they should look at how close Americans get to peoplewith whom they talk. Wait, that's my theory. I want grant money to study that.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
I noticed they didn't mention German. That is a spitty language.
Now now, dont be hating. They make up for that with awesome beer.

I have seen some Cambodians speaking Khmer that was pretty spitty too. Especially when they are mad. I dont even think they even drink beer.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts

I'll work on my Spanish then so I can do my part.

·
Premium Member
24,363 Posts
I'll work on my Spanish then so I can do my part.
I'm pretty sure the jist of the article was that we should all learn to speak Japanese. At least that would keep those of us who are under stay at home requests something to do to keep our minds busy.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
I'm pretty sure the jist of the article was that we should all learn to speak Japanese. At least that would keep those of us who are under stay at home requests something to do to keep our minds busy.
I wonder is that is one of the languages @no really speaks? If so, she is going to very bored at home.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
You bring up a good point. Lets make a law that says we can only communicate by text.
As sign the TOS allowing random public services texts to appear in order to better your life as well as the betterment of the community.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
I speak German. MY older sister spent several decades throughout Europe and can speak several languages.
Based on her experience, German sounds like a caricature language; angry, gruff and whenever she does her impersonation of a German, I break out in a laugh. And yes, I have been in countries where people tend to get so close when they speak, if it were a movie the romantic music would cue preceding the kiss.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You bring up a good point. Lets make a law that says we can only communicate by text.
That’s been law for a long time,but it was written with ink made from the same stuff as those sonic repellers that only work on teenagers.
Only 20 somethings and younger got to see the law.

·
Registered
9,087 Posts
Maybe they should look at how close Americans get to peoplewith whom they talk. Wait, that's my theory. I want grant money to study that.
That is pretty much the original point of the article.
There is so much true news out there in need of reporting, it makes no sense to publicize a theory thatis little more than click bait and designed to be "shared".
Translation- "Give me money and I can prove my theory is true. Or not."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts