Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
tom
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for some reason my speakers quit working. ive checked all the connections,all is good. control panel wont let me adjust anything.any ideas?
thanx
tom

·
Registered
878 Posts
celticfalcon said:
for some reason my speakers quit working. ive checked all the connections,all is good. control panel wont let me adjust anything.any ideas?
If you have another set of speakers or headphones, you might try plugging them in to make sure it's not the speakers.

Next step would be to uninstall & reinstall the driver for your sound hardware. I assume you're using some version of Windows; go to Control Panel / System / Device Manager, find the sound driver, and delete it. Then restart Windows, and it should find & reinstall the driver.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I had a problem when I installed Skype on my computer. Each time I used Skype it would work properly but then the output to the speakers would be off when I wanted to use them. I had to go into the control panel, sound settings, and change it back to the speakers each time. Check your control panel sound settings.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ :)

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
You have not accidentally hit the Mute button on the keyboard? I have done this and thought MY speakers were not working went through many tests until it dawned on me to try the mute key~! Yup I had pushed the mute button stopping anything from coming out of the speakers. lol

·
tom
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i go to the control pnl,then to sond settings it says no audio device.as far as the mute button(f6?) how do i adjust that?thanks again. im getting frumpy.
tom

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Hey.

Is your audio built into your motherboard or do you have a plug in audio card?

Did you reinstall your sound driver as suggested by backwoodsman7? Many times the generic drivers built into windows don't work. If your sound is on the mobo, you sometimes get a disc with drivers from the computer mfg. or you can find the id and board mfg on the mobo and go to the site of who mfg. the board and download the driver.

If windows xp, toolbar on the bottom will have a little speaker icon. Right click on that will let you access some settings. Double left click will let you access other settings.

RF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts