Spanish Bulls

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Xandras_Zoo, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

What breed do they use for the bull fights? I'm just curious, they're very nice-looking bulls.

2. Raptor

Raptor Well-Known Member

I believe they are called Corrientes.

3. Sparkle

Sparkle New Member

If you mean the bulls that are used in the bullring, the earlier post about Fighting Bulls is correct. Corriente is a somewhat generic term for the smaller bodied cattle with good horns that are favored for use in team roping and steer wrestling events at rodeos. The Corrientes' temperment is very different from that of fighting bulls.

4. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys!!! I checked out the Corriente... if I ever get cattle, they seem perfect! They look somewhat like the Fighting Bulls, but seem to have a much better temperment... Thanks again!
    Does anyone here have Corrientes?

5. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I don't personally have Corrientes, but a lot of folks around here do. There are a lot of team ropers in our area. Some of the Corrientes tend to be a bit rawboned, but if you're selective in your search you can find strains that are beefier and nicer-looking cattle. Also keeping them on good feed will keep them in better condition. A neighbor a few miles down the road has a black bull that is really nice.