Space shuttle launch is successfull

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, Jul 26, 2005.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    It just left the pad and is at about 4oo mph presently as I type, we are waiting for the solid booster rockets to seperate which it just did, launch successfull!

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Took me back to my jr. high days when the first launch took place.

3. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

Never fails to get my heart pumping.

Amazing pictures from the NASA channel. I'm going to go down and watch a launch before they retire the orbiter. Something I've always wanted to do.

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I had to have my tiny tv here so I could watch it. Alway gives me goose bumps. It would be neat to see it in person.

Angie

5. Imagoofygoober

Imagoofygoober Well-Known Member

I grew up watching it. My father worked at the space center and then I did when I grew up. ((Eeeks, when did I grow up?)) :sing:

Anyway, it is awesome that they got it up today. I was at the O & C two yrs ago waiting with anxious scientists when the unthinkable happened. It was a very sad time out there...

6. skruzich

skruzich Well-Known Member

I think NASA is a prime example of the spirit of america. WE might suffer tragedy but we overcome and get right back up there.

7. Sparticle

Sparticle Well-Known Member Supporter

I watched it live online. so neat!

8. OD

OD Well-Known Member

I remember the awful morning that I saw the Columbia going down. I would like to see one launched to have a good memory to replace it.

9. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

I remember Columbia & Challenger. Both are very vivd in my mind.

I'm currently listening to the NASA channel onmy computer. Every once-in-a-while, you get to see the astronauts.

I worked with a gentleman who was part of the NASA crew to put the mission on the moon. He was a ditzy guy, to say the least, but to be part of that must have been a thrill!!

10. OD

OD Well-Known Member

Birdie_poo, Could you post a link for that?

11. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

Just read were this one has lost tiles .

12. shawnee

shawnee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard that, too. They're reviewing the film and looking real close at that. Eerie; you'd think by now they'd have that problem under control. Too bad they can't come up with a vehicle covering other than those tiles. Everybody in the world is watching this flight, too.

13. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

14. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

I had family that worked on Apollo and some that worked in the shuttle program up until a few years ago until they moved onto other programs. Last time I seen one of my engineer cousins was during the mars rover missions and he was really proud that he had worked on something that was now rolling around on another planet. A really brilliant engineer. I love to sit and talk about the space program and aeronautics with him. Just sorta soak up the info and learn all about the inside workings of NASA and JPL. Much more interesting that talking to some of the other engineer types in the family who can't tell you much about what they do until 10 or more years after the fact when their handiwork is on tv and they tell you "I worked on that back in '85".