Sow Pictures and a question

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by LuckyCharm, Nov 11, 2005.

1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Member

[​IMG] Question, My girl is supposed to be pregnant. She would be Due around the end of December which would make her 6 1/2 weeks out. Should she be showing yet? I mean she looks a little bigger than when I got her but then again she gets alot of feed. She eats like a PIG! :1pig:[​IMG]

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

My best guess is she is bred judging by the bulge in her belly.. She is not due for approximately 45 days out of a 115 day gestation and she will get much bigger near the end of the pregnancy.

PS....she is a very nice looking sow.

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Member

Thank You, we like her. I am having a problem now with her getting out of the pasture and coming to the back door all of the time now. (past two days)
    I don't know what else to do to try and keep her in. Why all of the sudden is she wanting out all of the time.

4. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

5. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Member

What about keeping her in. Is it because she is getting closer and just wants to be around someone?

6. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

I don't know why she is getting out. From our experience, she isn't going to "stop it". We have a sow that has 6 foot fences because she likes to come over and get in other pig's pens. You could put her in electric fence, put her in a large pen with high fence. She is probably just a big baby now!

7. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Member

We had her in a ten acre lot with some cows and that is where her excape took place. Just a moment ago we have moved her over here (next to the house) in the garden. I am looking out my window and typing while she is laying down peacefully. I really am thinking she just wants to be closer to us.
    Even while she was leaving the big lot, she only went as far as the back door and laid down. Strange piggie.