Southwest Ohio Get Together

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Bluecreekrog, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

Any interest in a get together in the sw part of Oh. say around Hillsboro, Oh. An easy drive from Cincinnati, Dayton, or Columbus.
    Rog

2. SW Ohio

SW Ohio Well-Known Member

I need to learn how to make more time. With the kids involved in so many activities and work etc. it is hard to get away for a day or afternoon. What time I can get away seems to get used up with family get togethers.

But I do have some bantam chickens, americaunas, and muscovy ducklings I would love to barter. So if it suspected that folks would like to do some wheeling and dealing during the meet and greet my interest would increase.

So to sum it up I am interested but not presently hopeful. I hate to say yes and end up cancelling. Hope you understand.

Brian. (Dayton area)

3. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

I might come, if anybody wants me. <pout>

4. country friend

country friend country friend

Hi
    My wife and I live in southeastern Indiana not far from Brookville lake so it would not be that bad of a drive . Let us know if you get any thing together . Sounds Great!!!
    Indiana Country Friend Jack Bunyard

5. Gordon-Schumway

Gordon-Schumway Well-Known Member

I think some of you have a slight fear of bringing your children. Heck, I liked that red haired freckle faced kid at Dalton Ohio. He was a hit with his bag of cars. I almost forgot...he was so well behaved that we almost forgot he was there, but I felt like I was 5 and looking in a mirror. Most folks love to see kids, I know I do ! And if they screw up ? Even better ! Reminds us all how we grew up to be the people we are.

6. Bluecreekrog

Now stop that pouting Edayna, just put on your best overalls and come ahead. :)
    Country Friend: We would be honored to have you.
    Brian: I am not personally ready for birds yet, but perhaps someone else is.
    Rog

7. Bluecreekrog

8. Peacock

Peacock writing some wrongs Supporter

Okay. I think Caesar's Creek would be a dandy spot.

9. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage Well-Known Member

I second the Caesar's Creek idea. Although Hillsboro wouldn't be too bad -- isn't there a big park/lake out that way -- I'm thinking Rocky Fork, but not sure if I've got it right.

10. Bluecreekrog

Yep, Rocky Fork is nr Hillsboro. Would you all prefer a park to a resturant? I was thinking like maybe the 26 of Aug any objections?
    Rog

11. Bluecreekrog

12. thequeensblessing

thequeensblessing Well-Known Member

Bouncenhumble and I would love to attend. Hillsboro is closest for us, but we'd be willing to travel to Caesar's creek if need be. Let us know when/where/what to bring! :) :dance:

13. missyinohio

missyinohio Well-Known Member

I'm another that can't commit this far in advance. Mom passed away and I'm taking care of dad plus dh and the kids. Won't know till the day before, but any place you've listed would be fine as we're just a bit north of Dayton.

14. Bluecreekrog

Hey Gang, Sorry it appears I droped the ball on this. I am having computer problems and will try to pull this togather after the holiday. I am posting from a borrowed computer at my sisters home.
    Rog