South Dakota Dairy Goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by goldspur, Nov 13, 2004.

1. goldspur

goldspur Well-Known Member

Hello,
    Does any one in S.D. have any Dairy Goats, I've been on the net, but not able to find any dairy goats in SD. Please e-mail me. Thanks

2. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

Where are you in SD? There are 26 ADGA members in SD, I can PM you some contact info. if I know where you are. If you're anywhere near Sinai, there's a guy there who has some really nice animals and cleaned up at the MN State Fair this year.

3. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

Where are you? I bought some Alpine and Oberhasli crosses from a couple, but they have purebreds too. These were doelings priced at $55 to $75 in April. They had about 90 head that are located just across the SD/MN border (they live in SD, their goats live in MN). I also have a friend that is interested Saanen (sp?) but I don't know if he has any to sell, he might know of someone, he is the area vet and his daughter shows some in 4H. My husband works with one of the MN State fair judges and he raises Alpines, more money but quality stock.

If you know of anyone that raises fiber goats or Kikos in South Dakota let me know. :)

4. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

We're in western SD with PB Saanans and Nubians plus some crosses. As of Thursday we only have dairy goats (last boer sold to Wyoming) and this years breeding will be from a PB Nubian Buck (except for the Saanans who will have a Saanan buck).