South Beach??

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by MillsFarmFamily, Apr 20, 2006.

1. MillsFarmFamily

MillsFarmFamily Well-Known Member

Anyone following the south Beach Diet? Do you have any pros or cons you can share with me?

2. weedlady

weedlady Well-Known Member

I'm doing the South Beach diet. I don't follow the meal plans in the book, but i'm eating according to the good carbs, bad carbs principles outlined. I've lost 11 pounds since the middle of February-not bad, i think. it's not been hard for me...(i did slip off the wagon real bad for Easter dinner) but I'm back on track, and didn't gain anything--the cake was TOO good to resist, lol!

I eat more often than the book says, in fact, I eat about every hour, but just a little, like a boiled egg, or celery, radishes, stuff like that. salad for lunch, and some kind of lean meat and a vegetable for dinner. usually no-fat cottage cheese for a treat after dessert-sounds weird, but i sweeten in w/sugar free sweetner, a drop of vanilla, and i can pretend it's ice cream - almost.

i only want to loose about 5 more pounds, but i plan to continue to follow this eating plan for maintenance. it seems to work for me. good luck.
    martha

3. pickapeppa

pickapeppa Well-Known Member

I started this diet on Tuesday. I kind of blew it today, though. I had to work, was low on options here at home and needed to shop, was tired from lack of sleep so didn't shop. I took ds and we went out to a restaurant and I ate fresh bread with butter and crab and shrimp creamed soup with potatoes, and a sweet potato. :nono: Before that, I ate two chocolate truffles, and afterwards three licorice twists. :p

*sigh* I had such a blood sugar rush, it felt like I could barely lift my feet to get across the house for a while. Sheesh.

Needless to say, I had to move because I had a client to work on so sleeping wasn't an option or that's exactly what I would have done.

Tomorrow, I will try again.

Before all of this today, it was going really well, except I hadn't lost a single pound, and I did work out.

Tomorrow, another work-out, shopping trip to stock up on healthier options, and the old college try. I just don't know if I can stay away from those truffles though. :help: :baby04:

4. Peepsqueak

Peepsqueak Well-Known Member

As I stated in another thread, this diet is good in Phase I. However, be very careful in Phase II and really pick up on exercise and physical activity. The weight comes off slower and often will come back as carbs are added. However, it is not healthy to lose weight too fast either.