Source for sulpher?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moopups, May 24, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    What product is available to make a sulpher paste for treatment of dog mange?

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Go to Jefferspet.com (Jeffers Pet and Vet supply) I think the phone number is 1-800-jeffers

They have a product for red mange with sulphur for about $12. Called Nu Stock or similar.

3. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

You can get sulfur at the drugstore.

4. wr

wr Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Mopups, I use sulfur for a preparation I make for horses and I just simply go to the pharmacy, tell them it's for vetrinary use and I get a bottle of it with absolutely no problems.

5. fin29

fin29 Well-Known Member

6. heelpin

"MIRACLE II SOAP" This is the best stuff I've ever run across, no I don't sell it and have nothing to do with the company. I've been using it for over a year now and will continue to use it for life, I love it. Do a search and read up on it, if you find the word GOD offensive like a lot of people I've recommened this to, I'm sorry.

5) For animals, Miracle II is great. We own five dogs and five cats. We bathe them all in the soap. All of them are flea-free and have beautiful coats. I give them a few drops in water and this keeps them worm-free. I took my Australian Shepherd to the vet last summer for a checkup and the vet was amazed that she had no fleas or worms. We have never given him any chemicals. Our cats love to eat the lotion. They find it a wonderful treat. I think that is why their coats are so velvety. We have a friend with a Pomeranian that for the last 6 years has itched almost non-stop. It wasn't fleas, but itchy, dry skin. It would scratch until it got sores. We gave the lady a bottle of soap and told her to bathe the dog in it and then rub some neutralizer in her fur afterwards. Sure enough, the dog stopped itching. The owner said she had gotten so used to her dog scratching that she found it odd to see her dog still and peaceful. We have another friend who has an American Bull dog that had mange. She had been putting this ointment from the vet on her head but the sores just wouldn't go away. Again, I suggested the soap and after one shampoo, the sores started to dry up and in a week her fur was growing back and now you would never know she had it!

7. Where do we get the Miracle II soap? Sounds like good stuff.

Thanks,

Pigeon Lady

8. heelpin

This is the best price I've found for small orders, if in the future you want to order a minimum of a gallon for 45.00 and no shipping charges let me know and I can give you the info.

http://www.cfherbandminerals.com/site/402042/cart