source for bulk honey

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by argo, May 19, 2004.

1. argo

argo Active Member

Does anyone have a source for cheap but quality bulk honey something like 30 gallons or so If it comes that big. Need a supply Any ideas

Argo

2. deb

deb Well-Known Member

Personally I would try to find it locally. The price of domestic honey has been forced down by imported honey to the point where beekeepers actually make more money for renting their hives (for pollinating orchards, etc) than for selling the honey. The folks who sell their honey at farmer's markets invest a lot of time and money in packaging small quantities of honey to the public. I think you would find them open to selling you a lot of honey at a reduced price.

The other thing about buying local honey is you don't have to pay to have it shipped. 30 gallons of honey would cost a pretty penny to ship and shipping may actually cost more than the honey itself
    deb

3. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

a local beekeeper down this way sells it in 5 gal buckets and 55 gal. drums where are you located. also check out the honey dehydrators ,they dispose of the of type honey cheap.

4. On outfit here in western Oregon. Or were you asking something else and I'm lost?
    Glorybee Honey 541-607-6467