Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make an effective microbe mixture (DIY EM-1) for fruit tree spraying. But I need blackstrap molasses for the last part of the process and can't find it!
Anyone have any tips on how to find this?
Thanks!

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,193 Posts
They have it in the grocery stores here, near the honey and syrup.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen molasses, but don't know if it is blackstrap
I took a moment just now and looked online and found that Mother Hubbard's IS blackstrap and carried at my grocery store! Thanks!

I watched a couple youTube videos to learn how to make the EM-1 - first you use the water from rinsing rice (starchy), then you add milk and allow it to set for a while (couple of weeks maybe). Is mycoplasm what you would call the product after removing the solids? I heard them call it lactobacillus. I have a couple gallons of that waiting in the fridge. I need the blackstrap molasses and another fermentation session to finish this up.

I also would like some litmus paper to be sure it's the proper pH. Do you know where that could be found? I have a soil pH tester, but it says it shouldn't be used for liquids. Any thoughts on that?

It seems I'm talking to the right person! - thanks so much for your replies...
Kathy

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,193 Posts
I just started reading about this, and it seems there are a couple of different formulas. One is fungus/mushroom/mycoplasm, and the other is lactobacillus/yogurt culture.

I have homemade goat yogurt and mushroom growing medium. Experimenting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts