sos

Discussion in 'Plant and Tree Identification' started by wy0mn, Jul 23, 2006.

1. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

Hi ya'll.
    Moved to WY a couple of months ago. Finding lots of new flora & fauna. Some of the plants aren't in our field guides (we have easter & western editions).
    My problem? I can't seem to post pics or attachments. I've run thru the "user cp & options" and haven't been able to resolve it. Any ideas?
    On the news side, we just purchased 40acres of remote prairie.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Lex/Karen

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Lex/kKaren
    have you looked at the thread at the top of this forum on how to post photos? If you do exactly what it says, it should work just fine.

And welcome to the forum...

Angie

3. wy0mn

Hi Angie
    Thanks you for answering.
    First a clarification, I meant S.O.S. as in the Morse Code system of communication. Not "same old manure". We used sos in the military to define a breakfast meal of chipped beef on toast as being manure on a shingle. lol. Just didn't want forks to assume I was being crude. As a federally licensed radioman I sometimes forget it has multiple meanings.
    I went to the f.a.q. and searched on "photos" & "posting". When I go to post I get no "browser" option. No chance to upload nor attach to a remote link. I think I'm blocked for some reason. The reason I say this is that I did come across a page that said I was allowed to post, reply to posts, etc, but it specifically said I was not allowed attachments.
    Is this any help?

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Hmmmm... and I'm an amateur radio op (ham radio) so I assumed the s.o.s.

was *** --- ***...

Now, I'm going to pm you and see if we can figure out a go around for this problem of photos.

Angie

5. wy0mn

Cool Angie! You got my goat. :)
    Ham to ham. My callsign is wy0mn obviously, its a vanity call I got prior to the western move from TN. Do you HF CW much? I spend the few band openings on 18MHz.
    I was born in Russellville AL, in Franklin County, and grew up in a small town called Phil Campbell.
    Going to check for the PM now.
    Thanks.
    Lex/wy0mn