Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
Could you give us a hint? Some of us might want to look it up elsewhere.;)

·
Premium Member
24,796 Posts
Politics is a dark room topic. Too many arguments and nasty comments when posted anywhere.

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
It’s getting to where I just don’t want to write about anything.

there is no place the most important topic of the times is allowed any more.

well, then why talk about anything if we are supposed to just nod and smile mindlessly.

odd times.

and then I’m sure many would be happy if I went quiet anyhow, so there is that! :)

Paul

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,772 Posts
You can ask for permission to access the Dark Rooms.

I tried it and opted out. Too much anger.

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
I seem to wander in and out of here. Enjoy the good people, all of you.

I farm a really small for these days crop farm, but it is way too big for a homestead, so some days I feel like a square peg wherever I go.

my folks came from the tough years yet, and so I grew up with some of the old time homesteading type stuff around me, and kinda share still their miserly ways and values.

dont use them, but we went to a old steam show in northern Minnesota and as I looked at the household displays in on of the buildings the display folk were showing people how the old stuff worked. A loom, a sock making machine, a spinning wheel, a butter churn, a wash board, a knippling sack, a show repair stand, a rope making crank, a couple other things I can’t think of.

I said to the wife (who is a town girl, loves the farm but she isn’t a craft gal and that is fine with me) I should put the house on display, we have every one of those things in the basement or attic, loom is upstairs. Got a bottle capper for when they made root beer, whole lot of tools out in the sheds for cradling grain, storing seed corn ears, husking ear glove, shelling thumb chain mail, seed corn sizer, step in hill planter, so on.

I guess maybe I’m just the third generation of farmer who all were hoarders........

so, I enjoy it around here.

just in kind of a tough mood, I think many are. But nothing to do, just shut up that is all we are told to do.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I seem to wander in and out of here. Enjoy the good people, all of you.

I farm a really small for these days crop farm, but it is way too big for a homestead, so some days I feel like a square peg wherever I go.

my folks came from the tough years yet, and so I grew up with some of the old time homesteading type stuff around me, and kinda share still their miserly ways and values.

dont use them, but we went to a old steam show in northern Minnesota and as I looked at the household displays in on of the buildings the display folk were showing people how the old stuff worked. A loom, a sock making machine, a spinning wheel, a butter churn, a wash board, a knippling sack, a show repair stand, a rope making crank, a couple other things I can’t think of.

I said to the wife (who is a town girl, loves the farm but she isn’t a craft gal and that is fine with me) I should put the house on display, we have every one of those things in the basement or attic, loom is upstairs. Got a bottle capper for when they made root beer, whole lot of tools out in the sheds for cradling grain, storing seed corn ears, husking ear glove, shelling thumb chain mail, seed corn sizer, step in hill planter, so on.

I guess maybe I’m just the third generation of farmer who all were hoarders........

so, I enjoy it around here.

just in kind of a tough mood, I think many are. But nothing to do, just shut up that is all we are told to do.
Staying up half the night
watching the mule on the mill. Making Molasses. Government paid so much a gallon for it. Same as Cow's Cream. Shipped it by mail in 10 Gallon Cream cans. Good old Days. :) We didn't know we were poor. :). Had a big garden and lots to eat. Home style Bread etc. Did all our own butchering of stock. Made Soap, Cheese, Butter etc. No electric. Now i am old and don't know nothing. :)
My Grandmother used to say President Truman was a crook from K.C. Mo. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Don't be quiet. Its good to have a place to post and read about politics. I just requested access to the dark room or whatever it is called. I often come here to read opinions on all of the homesteading topics - can learn so much and also to share occasionally when I think can help. Its nice not to have politics interjected into the chat or sheep or garden forum. But it would also be nice to read about peoples thoughts on politics if there is a place in the forum to do so. It is especially interesting to me that this is a place to obtain opinions, experience and information from people of all ages and experience all over the US and some from out of the country on forum topics that we choose to read.

·
newfieannie
9,497 Posts
i'd like a place where we could talk and read about politics also. a place where we could have civil discourse. we have had that but s*** disturbers come in and make it deteriorate so fast. i think some of them did it on purpose so we could get shut down. in no time we are practically cutting each others throats. life is too short for that! i haven't been to the dark room and don't intend to. ~Georgia

·
Registered
390 Posts
Peaches with mint? Um. Doesn't sound good at all.
+++
Home canned peaches on vanilla mint ice cream.... I'd try it...

Reactions: Alice In TX/MO
1 - 20 of 21 Posts