Sorry I Haven't Been Here

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Nov 18, 2004.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Been busy getting some meat.Got 3 Deer so far.Got 23 more days to go,or until my Freezers are Full.

big rockpile

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

How many did you say you were allowed this year? It wasn't 9 was it? You need to work on your bait stations. You're not able to tromp up and down them mountains all fall. Why don't you get one of them coon huntin' mules to haul you around all day while you hunt deer, then haul you around all night while you hunt coon. 50 coon oughta fill one freezer.

3. big rockpile

uncle Will there isn't any limit on Deer here but the wife said 7-10 should be enough.

At one time I had over 100 Coons in the Freezers,plus bunch of other critters.

Need to get her busy working on me something to drive,so I can range out a little more.Heck I shot one Deer yesterday in the Driveway.

Got a couple day break around Thanksgiving,going to get some Squirrels.

big rockpile

4. primroselane

primroselane Well-Known Member

What do you do with the hides?

5. No need to apologize Rock, just send us some deer jerky instead! :)

So can Out of State hunters catch in on all this good hunting? What is the cost of out of state license and limit for out of state hunters? I just live about 40 miles from the Okla./Mo. state line. Of coarse if I don't have the time to hunt here in Oklahoma, wonder why I think I would have more time to go over there! :confused:

6. big rockpile

r.h. since your from OK. there is a $25 surcharge,so it will be $170 for the First Any-Deer permit,then $7 for every Antlerless Permit afterwards.

Season runs
    General Firearms
    Nov.13-23

Muzzleloader
    Nov.26-Dec.5

Firearms Deer
    Antlerless portion
    Dec.11-19

Your Permit will cover all these.

big rockpile

7. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.............Hey , BRP , why don't you have the "BOSS" take a Color picture of your Lovely :p Countenance ...wearing your "Coonskin Hat" . Just like ole' Davy Crewcut , when he Kilt hisself a Deer when he was only ...3... :eek: , fordy... :)

8. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

36 hours till our season opens!!!!!

9. big rockpile

r.h. you sound about like me I was wanting to go down to Arkansas.But never had the time,plus my wheels are broke down.

big rockpile

10. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are doing good Rockpile, congratulations! I get to go out first thing in the morning. Wish me luck! :)

11. big rockpile

cowgirlone Good luck get a Big One.

I was down yours and r.h. way couple years ago.I'm thinking I sure would want to go Fishing down there one of these days.

big rockpile

12. Big rock some of the fishing down here can be absolutly excellent. Not sure what kind of fish you like to go after but I usually start the early spring out by chasing the sandbass which peak spawn in mid to late April. Find a good place and you can fill a 5 gallon bucket full every morning and every evening. Same goes with the crappie fishing and catfishing which soon follows the sandbass spawn.

I'm not a stripper fisherman, but just a few miles south of me during the winter months is suppose to be the best place to be and catch giants. It's the lower Illinoise River below Lake Tenkiller dam. Warm water is disharged from the bottom of the dam and it draws the big strippers in from the cold rivers down below. It's also a hot bed for the trout too.

Let us know when you are planning a trip over here and we will do our best to point you to the hotspot.

13. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

Hey we got 9 in our freezer-all legal- and lots of r h on okla recipe sausage and plenty of ground meat and we do it all ourselves and real clean and it is delicious -Nancy