Sore but excited

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by nandmsmom, Mar 28, 2006.

1. nandmsmom

nandmsmom Well-Known Member Supporter

This is my second year with a garden and my first year doing square foor gardening. This year I expanded my garden and now have 6 4x4 squares. It seems so small compared to what many of you have. Today I finished digging up the remainder for the expansion. Then I added composted cow manure, vermiculite and peat moss. I definitely need to mix it up a little more later, but it looks so nice! I can't wait to start planting. I'm in MA in zone 6, so I plan to start my cold weather crops in the next few weeks. Its been pretty warm lately, so I'm hoping it will just be a warm spring. We certainly are due!

Heather

2. VALENT

VALENT Well-Known Member

THAT sounds like a very nice garden. Definitely mix it up as much as you can and keep letting everything assimilate. It sounds like you have a good plan.

3. swamp man

swamp man Well-Known Member

I dont know if my setup qualifies as "square foot" gardening,but I grow in 16x4 raised beds,and I plant intensively.I think you will be really suprised at what you will produce in those beds.Good luck.
    Nick

4. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree,. You will be able to grow a lot especially if you are mindful of putting something in when you take something out. Are you concentrating on short season varieties?