somthing killed my rabbit

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by bull, Oct 10, 2005.

1. bull

bull Active Member

a few days ago somthing killed my rabbit and i have no idea what it was that did it. the door to her cage was shut but was bent out some and what ever killed he had eat most of the meat off of the head and part of one hind leg but it didnt tear much of the fur off the head just pulled it away from the skull and eat all the meat and it eat a little way in to the chest but didnt really bother the fur execpt on the hind leg. and a copple of years ago somthing killed a duck i had in almost the same way and eat the head down to the bone but bidnt dother the rest of the meat. what did this and how do i get rid of it.

2. dlwelch

dlwelch Well-Known Member

3. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I have read that minks would do that, eat the head and not much else. That would explain why the cage was just bent, a mink could fit into a small opening like that, however I do not know if it could bend the cage. Hope ya catch the critter and........Boom. Hehe.

4. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought some sort of weasel too.

5. Lena

Lena Well-Known Member

Rabbit head is one of the weasles favorite foods. Set a number one foot hold trap baited with guts or animal heads.
    You should set it near were the rabbit was killed. Hopefully you can catch the bugger.

6. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

and then .....BOOM.

P.S. Sorry I have been watching a gun filled move, Tremors. Hehe.