Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of breath-seizing things happening one on top of the other. Lost both parents not so long ago in the big scheme of things. I'm recently separated after many years. My offer to buy our parents' home from my sibs was just accepted. The sibs who don't live close aren't particularly happy. My sister here is very close to her older son. He lost a job he loved that was only an hour and change away. New job is three states away. Her daughter graduates HS soon. Our brother lost HIS job. Best prospects are all the way across the country. His family are pretty conflicted about moving, but he's 53. WAY too many big changes. I'm in fact pretty calm about it all. Wonder why?

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Shell shock? It does seem when it rains it pours....hope things settle down for you and your family soon.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There are years like that. We have had 2 different sets of years of crisis after crisis, death after death and at the end, you feel as if you are always dizzy/ditsy and were beaten with a stick.

Hold on.
Take deep breaths as often as you can remember.
Cry often as it seems to clear out the pressure.
Grieve for those you have lost and for the sad events.
Hug anyone close (when appropriate) as we greatly underestimate the power of a hug.

Look for joy each day - even if it is bitterly cold and cloudy, I try to thank God for the variety of beautiful grays in the various clouds and be thankful the cold is killing the ticks.

Lastly, take time to find on YouTube or on TV a funny show so you can laugh each week. (Bet you thought I was going to say something deeper - nope! Laughing is so helpful but if everything is piling up, you have to search it out).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts