Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, on this fine afternoon as I finished my homesteading chores I decided to take some pictures of my goats and post them here for updates. Some of you might remember that I was a bit worried about the condition of my goats this summer, so I decided to change their diet quite a bit. Anyway, while I was out taking pictures of them my "herd queen" rammed my buckling away from the food dish (they are in the same pen in hopes he will breed the girls) and in the process managed to put a hole in his poor, adorable nubian ear! Blood was spurting out of it for a minute, but it eventually stopped. He didn't seem to care because he went right back to the same food dish and pushed in beside her. He still doesn't seem to care now... doesn't even seem to notice. I notice, though, and it makes me mad!

Here's a link to the happy goat update pictures and a couple of the sad "hole in my poor nubian buckling's ears" pictures.

http://pho.to/79Th5

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
I was expecting to read, "They danced on my car" or, "They tore the siding off of my house" or, "They got out and ate my neighbors' expensive landscaping". :p

The hole in his ear gives him character. Makes him look rough and tough. :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is definitely a beast. Someone puts a hole in his ear and his only concern is eating more grain.

Any opinions on how my goats look? I am hoping the answer is "okay" as I changed up their diet quite a bit. I have 5 goats, so I have been putting one pound of "grain mix" (2 bags of goat feed mixed with one bag of corn for weight gain) with a sprinkle of BOSS and Manna Pro Goat Minerals into five different food dishes each day in hopes that they each get a reasonable amount. I've also been giving hay free choice as opposed to at specific times each day. They're going through about 1 bale every 2 days, but I think 50% of it ends up on the ground.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was expecting to read, "They danced on my car" or, "They tore the siding off of my house" or, "They got out and ate my neighbors' expensive landscaping". :p

The hole in his ear gives him character. Makes him look rough and tough. :D
I keep them away from my house behind field fencing and electric wire. It is a log home, so I would hate to imagine what they would do to it. :umno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts