Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My screen is very different suddenly...like the format has changed, and, for lack of a better term, some forums have subtitles. Just in the last 10 minutes or so...any thing I missed?

Thanks.

Matt

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Matt, do all the cleaning things. history, cache, cookies.

The site has not changed for me last night or today.

Is it still different from what you are use to?

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Mine changed at about the same time, and it 's been doing weird things ever since. I was unable to acccess the forums for about an hour or so, and when I finally could the arrangement of the forums had changed. There's a new Open Source DIY section, then the Country Homemaking and THEN Country Living forums. The Country Living forums used to come right after the Livestock forums and THEN the Country Homemaking. And the titles and subtitles do seem different, and it's like they're not sorted the same way they used to be or something, can't quite put my finger on it.

I've also been getting lots of lockups, it's loading slower, the back button doesn't always work, and sometimes when I try to reply to a post it just freezes up over and over every time, some I've never been able to post on. There's one thread in Singletree I tried six different times, and it locked up every time, and I had to use the task manager to get out of it. Then today (18 hours or so later) one of the replies finally showed up! Oh and I'm seeing an occasional ad, even though I have an adblocker and never used to have any.

I've done all the usual stuff, cleared cache, history, temp files, cookies, etc., ran a full virus scan and malware scan and found nothing, also did a check disk and defrag just for completeness' sake. Nothing helped. I haven't had any problem with any other website or the internet in general, just here.

Don't know if it matters or not, but it was right after I read the post about the "surviving the oregon trail" maybe taking over the boards, although I don't see how that could have anything to do with it. :shrug:

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I did change what was the Contributing Members section with the Parlor forum into the Open DIY section and forum. And I did move it up on the index to be more with practical sections.

The rest of those changes should not be because of the forum. I know of no operational changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts