Something lurking in the back pasture

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GentleBen, Oct 1, 2004.

1. GentleBen

GentleBen Member

A couple of weeks ago I was out scouring the pasture and found something strange, sticky, smelly, and really dark. Not sure what the stuff is. How would I go about finding out what this stuff is :eek: ? I do have a clue as to where it is coming from though. :no:

2. appjuli

appjuli Member

That's not enough info to go on - more details? And you might want to be careful using the word "scouring" on a goat forum! :D

Seriously - if you post a few more details (do you think it's plant material? Animal scat? Oil?) we can try to help!

Juli

3. nappy

nappy Well-Known Member Supporter

A few years ago a friend called to say that she needed help with a goat that was stuck in something in the pasture. There were these black places that she had stepped in and couldn't get out of. Seems some years before someone had dumped tar in the field, and with warm temperatures, it had softened enough for the goat to sink into it. We had a heck of a time pulling her foot out as we thought we were going to break her leg. Constant pulling did the trick though but that stuff was stuck to her foot after it came out. The owner had to cut the tar off. What was left over time came off on its own. Hope you find out what you have there....maybe some of that oil Texas is famous for!

4. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

:haha: :haha: :haha:

5. WolfSoul

WolfSoul Well-Known Member

I believe Ben is "Gentle" ly pulling our legs. It sounds like he's referring to manure that his goats make???? He says he has a clue as to where it's coming from? Shame on you, Ben :no: for being naughty.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: