Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is so cold here (15) and I went out this mornin to break ice and feed hay. Most the nannies just stuck their heads outta the shed probly wondering why I was out there cause they weren't gettin out. I did not take a head count this mornin but I thought I was a few nannies shy of what I should have but I was late for work and had to hurry. So I get off at noon and go back out to do a head count and I was 4 nannies shy of what I should have. I left the dog houses in the pen from when I got rid of my pygmies. I start looking around and shoulda took a picture. One nanny I counted was half in the dog house. I made her move and there were the nannies I was missing. Now this dog house was made for a medium dog. No way I thought 4 goats could get in. After I made the one move the bottom of one was hangin out like 3 inches. So I get her back legs on the ground and she backs out. Then I look in and see 2 more. So I help one back out and there was one more. There is no tellin how long they woulda stayed in there but It was comical watching them try to get out. They can squeeze anywhere. Needless to say I moved the dog house.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
LOL! That is funny...I can just picture them all squeezed in there! Goof balls :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
HAHAHAHA I had something similar happen with one of my boer does. Somehow she managed to get in and turn around in a medium sized dog house.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Oh Sadie both dh and I are still laughing!! Mine do that sometimes...they are too big to fit in a dogloo or the dog house but thye do try!
If you leave that dog house out in this weather they are sure to be warm!
You have got to leave it out there just for pics!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I'm glad you moved the dog house. The first year I had goats, I had a dog house in the goat yard as well as their larger goat house. One night when the weather got bad, a bunch of them squeezed into the dog house and suffocated the smallest doeling who was in the back of the house. We got the dog house out of there.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I once had a canoe upside down out in one of the paddocks, and went out to find five full grown boer does underneath it! They seemed to really enjoy crawling underneath it, and the kids really enjoy climbing on it (I think they love the sound it makes when they prance) so I just left out there.

It was below freezing here yesterday (well, today too) and my crazy boers were out in the paddock instead of their cozy shed when I went down to check on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts