Someone in Texas, please help!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by WolfSoul, Oct 20, 2004.

1. WolfSoul

WolfSoul Well-Known Member

2. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

The puppy is very lucky, I live in calif and have two dogs so cant help. Why dont you take him? Two dogs are better on a farm then one, Stand a better chance if they run into somthing big in the dark. Your other dog could use a friend. Well will keep fingers crossed you find someone for it, By the way that was a good thing you did!

3. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Is there a no kill shelter in your area anywhere? There is a no kill shelter in Montgomery County. You might try calling the veterinary clinics to check on this. Or you might could check with the animal shelter or veterinary clinics to see if there are any people who "foster" animals until they can be adopted. IMHO if anyone has a potentially "dangerous" animal, (we have a female rottweiler) like a rottweiler, pit bull, chow, they should be kept inside a fence on the owner's property, not left to roam about the countryside reaking havok on other's property or other animals. We keep our rotty inside our cyclone fence. She is NEVER allowed outside the gate for any reason. When we open the gate to go in and out she sits at the entrance. Even if these animals aren't dangerous others could perceive them as such or they could act totally different away from your house. The poor little thing. What an awful life to just be thrown away like so much trash and then attacked and now could be put to death. That was sweet of you to save it from the dog attack. We couldn't take on another dog either. We have such a huge feed bill as it is with the cows, goats, horses, our 2 cats and rotty and chihuahua. I hope someone adopts him...soon.

4. WolfSoul

edited

I'm not against specific breeds, but I am against people who let them chew the neighborhood.
    wish me luck

5. WolfSoul

I can't keep him because I have two service dogs, one in training and I have to fly them all back to the east coast to take of my ailing mother. Gee, with the crap hit, it hits all at one time!!!

Thanks for the idea, though.