Someone gave me wallpaper sample books!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by New Mexican, Aug 11, 2004.

1. New Mexican

New Mexican Well-Known Member

What would you do with them? My mind is racing in so many different directions right now. I feel like I hit the jackpot!!

2. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor Well-Known Member Supporter

wow, you are lucky to get them. The schools around here get most all of the books here. They're great for wrapping paper of small gifts, making party favors and place cards, tussie mushies, use for paper cuttings, laminate for table toppers or placemats or napkin rings, picture frame matting, or use as covers for small journals. I would laminate all of my favorite patterns and then they would be almost indestructible and ready to make into practically anything you could thinnk of.

3. I got a box of several rolls (remaining bits and pieces) at an auction. Wall papers makes pretty shelf lining and can also be used for drawer lining. I use a piece of it on top of the refrigerator to keep the grime from settling there.

4. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Ive always wanted to paper a small room with samples from a book like that. Sort of a patchwork effect. Lots of those books show the same pattern in different color choices so its a bit like fabric samples. There would be lots of seams but old time wallpaper in the 17th and 18th c. came in squares too and not in rolls. Might be fun in a small room like a bathroom. Or paper the inside of a closet or pantry or maybe an accent wall.

5. peanutgreen

peanutgreen Well-Known Member

You could reserve the small prints for papering a dollhouse. I've always thought it would be fun to build one and make all the furninshings.

6. soulsurvivor

soulsurvivor Well-Known Member Supporter

oh, and wrap around metal cans to use as colorful pencil holders, cut and assemble into various paper quilt patterns, or use Christmas shaped templates and cut for use as Christmas ornaments or gift tags. Also could cut into book marker shapes and personalize by adding person's name and a small tassel on the end. One idea I thought was cute was using the samples cut into baby shape handprints and then used as a wallpaper border in the baby room.

7. Mudwoman

Mudwoman Well-Known Member

There is a lady in our area that uses them to make jewelry and also beautiful little boxes for gifts or keepsakes. She sells lots of the jewelry.

Then another person I know builds miniature doll houses and uses the wallpaper on the walls inside.

8. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

You could make nice matting for framed pictures.

9. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

Cover switch and plug in covers. Do enough that someone would have all matching in one room

10. New Mexican

New Mexican Well-Known Member

Oooooo, I like that idea...and the rest as well!

I also used them for making pretty stationery. Just cut a slice off, paste to the top of a piece of paper or folded card stock and it looks so pretty.

Back to "basics" on the handwritten notes. I'm tired of the computer!!