Homesteading Forum banner

somebody is messing wit muh head....

424 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Becca65 
#1 ·
get up this morning, start preparing breakfast, turn on the radio just for a little background noise. WHOA...WHAT??? yep...it seems it's a 'trim-a-tree' weekend, and they are playing Christmas music. wow. turned to hubster and said, 'don't want to scare you, hon, but we must have REALLY slept in, cause we somehow missed Thanksgiving'.

well heck....may as well snow now.

I love Christmas music.......just freaked me out a little this early.

#4 ·
Am I the only one that misses the almost magical transformation to "Christmas time" that used to happen. Seemingly overnight?

I remember being a kid and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, and it seemed like that used to be the kick off to the holiday season. Santa ended the parade on his sleigh and the next morning New York was transformed into Christmas Displays, lights and windows.

Am I misremembering this?

Now we can't even make it to Halloween without The Christmas music starting.

Nikki

#5 ·
My daughter and i even went to see Santa last night at the mall, they have a fireworks display every year and then Santa comes in a sleigh with a band playing Christmas music. then they put Santa down in Macys, I believe so people will shop while waiting. DD and I waited for 45 mins to see Santa and Mrs Santa.. I tried telling her we had a month to see him when the lines are much shorter, but she got so sad and said ok mommy.. Well i couldn't leave then, we stood there. My legs were so sore...lol But it was worth seeing the big smile on her face. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.