Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be adding rubber or felt feet to the Picker. The bottom is so rough, it's scratched two table tops now...one just from sitting on it!

I'll also be adding clamps front and back. There are two side clamps that come on it, but since the swing is front-back, they loosen and shift every few minutes, and I have to reset them.

I WiLL make a leather bib...pattern included with picker. I now have TWO (count them...not one, but two!) shirts and TWO bras with holes in them! No holes yet in flesh, but when those directions tell you to keep your arm stiff, they mean it! A moment of not paying attention could cost you. And it's not as if I'm above average in chest size, either!

Aside from that...the wool cloud grows daily! I did try a blend, but made a poor choice and ended up adding something that had a lot of second cuts I hadn't seen. So, I started a storage bag of wool that will make good stuffing for something. No use to toss it! I'll try another blend after my company leaves.

Meg

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I got a rubber mat with holes in it (I think it is supposed to be used as a shelf liner or rug backing) Works very well for not only protecting your table, but for stability of the picker too.

Yup, ALWAYS a straight arm and NO distractions!

Do you have a way to 'lock' the pendulum when in storage?

these things are weapons!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts