some misc pics I've taken.......

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by MTNwomanAR, May 31, 2006.

1. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

[​IMG] HOME SWEET HOME! THIS IS WHERE I LIVE............ THE LONGER TRAILER IS THE REEFER. YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE CABOVER CAMPER THAT IS UNDER THE HUGE TREES.............
    [​IMG] FROST FLOWER...ONE OF NATURES MANY WONDERS... :)
    [​IMG] THE NORTHERN LIGHTS IN ARKANSAS!! I WAS ON MY HOME FROM A FRIENDS HOUSE AROUND 4AM, AND SAW THIS REALLY STRANGE LIGHT, THAT LOOKED LIKE A SEARCH LIGHT. GOT TO WHERE I COULD SEE IT, AND IT WAS UNREAL! COULDN'T GET MY CAR STOPPED, SHUT OFF, AND CAMERA IN HAND FAST ENOUGH...I HAD ONE ROLL OF 400 SPEED FILM, AND MY 70-210MM LENS ON, AND IT WAS HAND HELD....COOL EH? THIS WAS TAKEN ABOUT FIVE MILES FROM MY HOUSE.
    [​IMG] THIS IS MY SISTER KIM, AND MIKE, HER 18 YEAR OLD SON, THAT RECENTLY FOUND HER. SHE GAVE HIM UP FOR ADOPTION 18 YEARS AGO.
    [​IMG] ANOTHER SHOT OF STEELE CREEK
    [​IMG] ANOTHER SHOT OF STEELE CREEK
    [​IMG] THIS ONE IS TAKEN AT LAST YEARS' FALL PICNIC...JUST FOR YOUR RUSSELL!! ;)

2. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Thank goodness you have evidence to support that we could see those lights here in Arkansas LaDonna...I witnesses them also...very eerie until I figured out what they must be.

Your nephew gives my nephew competition in the great looks department...your sister sure looks happy in that pic with him.

And I don't remember lending Russell my hat! -- I'm so jealous it's so much cuter on him!

Hugs
    marlene

3. texican

texican Well-Known Member

I see you're 'dog poor' too! :p

...you know...when you have a whole lot of dogs runnin around...

I've been dog poor, cat poor, horse poor in the past... currently chicken poor...

nice pics

4. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

NO FAIR! You can see them in Arkansas but *I* can't see them in Missouri. Bummer. I'd love to.

donsgal

5. Northumberland

Northumberland Well-Known Member

Love your pictures, I really like it when people post pictures of where they live - gives one more of a connection. If I ever figure out how to do it I will post some.

6. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

hey ladonna- looks like you got another subaru?? me too, same model, except different color.

i've always enjoyed your pictures.

7. Hovey Hollow

Hovey Hollow formerly hovey1716

I enjoyed the picture of the frost flower. I saw my first one this winter. It was the first winter out in the country. Another miracle of nature!

8. boxwoods

boxwoods Well-Known Member

nice pictures. Looks like it could be NY with the rock

9. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

Beautiful pictures! I think you have more pups than I do! :)

10. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

Texican and Beltane, yep, I'm dog/cat poor....but I love em! And they help keep me as sane as one can be today....as of right now, I only have one horse, although, hopefully some day that will change.... :) I love animals..
    Marvella, yep, subarus are IT as far as I'm concerned, and I just LOVE the forrester.....and it not being the high end car, you would think it has a piddly lil ole donut spare...nah...it has a REAL spare!! Quite a nice addition, I thought......Only time will prove if this one is as tough as the 92 I had....You should have seen the looks on the guys' faces at the dealership, when I drove the 92 in there.... :) It has not grill, is dented a bit in front[tried to mate with an excursion, from behind............my bad... :rolleyes: ], and just generally worn out...they said, "man that's an oldy, but a goody.", and I told em that they have NO idea just how much of a goody that one is..........
    Marlene, yes, Kim is a very happy, proud mama.....Her and his adoptive mom, also Kim, were trying NOT to take the blame for Mike shoving cake in to a class mates face at the after-graduation-party held at their church........it was really comical to watch.............. :hobbyhors
    Donsgal, if I wasn't such a night owl, I wouldn't have seen the northern lights either....I usually stay at this friends how til very early in the morning, and for once it REALLY paid off. This was on May 15, 2005. I got on space.com, and I saw where some had seen them as far south as Louisiana, on that same night...
    Hovey, I have much better pics of those frost flowers. I have one that is not on my puter, that I won a 2nd in the NW Arkansas audubon photo contest with a while back, and it makes this one look kinda sad.......... :)
    Northumberland, go to the photobucket website, which is where I've got my pics hosted at. They have a great tutorial on how to post pics. I spent a couple of hours last night trying to figure it out...it's really not difficult once you do it.........................good luck!!