Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a long time since I posted any pics and I need to take some more today to show you all. The house is completly under roof, the siding is about 50% complete, plumbing is done, electrical is 90% done and we are anxiously awaiting my dh's next vacation the first week of August to be able to work a whole week with both of us on it. We started actual construction the middle of May and have done a lot of the work ourselves. There are some things that we felt better having someone else do with more experience. My dad and I have been doing the electrical work and I can honestly say that I could probably go the rest of my life without pulling another wire and be content.

The next stage is the one I am VERY excited about. The interior work is about to go full swing, and I can't wait to show you all that part. We have barn board for the walls, walnut to be made into floors, cedars from our land on the ceilings, antique dressers to be used as vanities, an old clawfoot tub we are refinishing, farmhouse sink, non-traditional cabinets, sliding barn doors for some rooms. I can't wait to start seeing some of it go up.

These pics are of the inside I was taking them around 9:30 the other night and have to get some exterior ones for you all. I will try to explain as best I can. The two men are my dh and FIL they are putting up rafter ties in the living room. One pic is from the front door, you are looking back into what will be our ds' bedroom. Another is looking from the living room up into the loft which is our bedroom. One looking from the loft over into the living room. Then one in our bedroom into the bathroom. The outside door goes onto our bedroom deck. I will get you a pick of it later.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
looks like things are moving right along! I bet you are getting excited!

·
Premium Member
18,414 Posts
Very cool photos. I love watching construction in progress. Keep the photos coming.

We have barn board for the walls, walnut to be made into floors, cedars from our land on the ceilings, antique dressers to be used as vanities, an old clawfoot tub we are refinishing, farmhouse sink, non-traditional cabinets, sliding barn doors for some rooms. I can't wait to start seeing some of it go up.
Fantastic, creative ideas! Please hurry to show us!

·
newfieannie
10,724 Posts
I'm fascinated with construction pictures myself.! ever since my father dragged me up to the roof with him when I was 5 or so and stuck a hammer in my hand. actually I thought I was the only one that would use sliding barn doors in the house. I have them in the bathroom. i will also be looking forward to more pictures as you progress. ....Georgia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.