Our lease here is up in March. I said I was not going to move in the middle of another school year, but March is when they would need us. The house is TWICE as big as this one, and it is on three acres that are set up for chickens, a cow, a garden etc... I am sort of inclined to do it. It would give us an opportunity to discover if we can really do this homesteading life BEFORE we buy something. We have not gotten animals here, because we felt it would be irresponsible to do that if we did not know where we were going next (and so did not know if we could support the animals.) We could go ahead and get some animals now, because we have 2 fenced acres for them if we knew that we would have a place to move them to. This family left all of their farm "stuff" there that we would be able to use... a tiller, a washing machine chicken-picker, a couple of pastured poultry moveable pens, a hen house, a concrete block shop with electric, a small barn... It is all fenced, too. They want us there because they want some one who will USE the place. What do ya think? The only drawback is well, being in business with friends. I don't pretend that that isn't a BIG deal. But they lived with us once when they needed a place to be for about 6 months, and we have been friends for YEARS AND YEARS. They have no illusions about who we are. EVEN SO, I would hate to lose them over a house, so I am trying to hold back my excitement at the possiblities.