Homesteading Forum banner

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assum

666 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  copperkid3 
#1 ·
At least everyone has not been drinking the kool aid.

"Ebola researcher says he would not rule out possibility that the virus spreads through air in tight quarters"

"There are too many unknowns here,' a virologist says of how Ebola may spread"

"Ebola researcher says he thinks there is a chance asymptomatic people could spread the virus"

To read the entire article, click below

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html#page=1

#4 ·
I think whatever the media or government is telling you can always be assumed to be a lie or at least a partial truth. The truth is always a level or two worse than they will admit openly. Watch the questions they dodge. IE recently a CDC official was asked "what if the Texas patient had sneezed on one of the plane trips". His answer was that Ebola patients don't generally sneeze. Not "we are certain he was not contagious during those plane rides". Not "a sneeze would not carry the virus" or "the virus would not live on surfaces" - because of course that would be a total lie. Just - ebola patients don't sneeze. Really? Because I sneeze when I put pepper on my inflight meal. I sneeze when someone passes me wearing too much perfume. It is the middle of cold and allergy season - people sneeze. But ebola patients apparently don't sneeze...WHEW...crisis averted then!

#5 ·
I think whatever the media or government is telling you can always be assumed to be a lie or at least a partial truth. The truth is always a level or two worse than they will admit openly. Watch the questions they dodge. IE recently a CDC official was asked "what if the Texas patient had sneezed on one of the plane trips". His answer was that Ebola patients don't generally sneeze. Not "we are certain he was not contagious during those plane rides". Not "a sneeze would not carry the virus" or "the virus would not live on surfaces" - because of course that would be a total lie. Just - ebola patients don't sneeze. Really? Because I sneeze when I put pepper on my inflight meal. I sneeze when someone passes me wearing too much perfume. It is the middle of cold and allergy season - people sneeze. But ebola patients apparently don't sneeze...WHEW...crisis averted then!

Yes, Watch what they DO.
They being public officials, CDC, military, and anyone else involved.

We need a thread on Watching what they do as compared to what they say.

I'd start with the hazmat suits and who ordered them and where are they going. Might be nothing - fingerscrossed - or might be a big something.

#8 ·
It has to be easier to catch than they claim. The nurse in Spain who caught it surely was wearing at least basic protection and probably more and yet she got it. What does that say about people completely unprotected? The EU is saying an Ebola spread across the EU is unavoidable at this point while our government is saying the opposite. Remember, the government telling us that is the same one that said ISIS was a juvie team just last February. I highly suspect our government propaganda version is affect by the upcoming elections. Wouldn't look good for the dems to have a new crisis under Obama's watch.

#11 ·
Hospital gloves made from latex are not good enough, they allow microscopic particles, moisture and air to get through. The nurse had on two pair sealed at the cuff with tape and they think the gloves are how she came in contact with the virus. The only gloves that will keep it out are non permeable gloves, the kind used when handling muratic acid and such. Just don't want everyone to have a false sense of security with latex gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.