Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the bible it talks about the last days. I will paste the King James Version
2Ti-3:1
¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti-3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti-3:3
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti-3:4
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti-3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Ok so as not to take it out of context. that is what many complain about when speaking on biblical truths that some one is using just one verse to prove something with out having all the verses there.

Ok this is what the bible say taht will happen in the LAST DAYS.
just read them and thnk about it.

In verse 2. People will be lovers ofthere own self. the rest of that verse will tell you how they act.
Also in verse 2 notice that the kids will be disobedient to there own parents.
seems like in the past several years this has become rampant in the US. Some of the things kids do today well let me put it this way.. If i had done those things I couldnt sit for a week. But it is I think a lack of disipline. the bible also says that "he that spareth the rod hateth his son" Now before everyone gets up set.. I dont believe in beating a child. but a spanking is different. I really shows you love for the child.
the child will grow up respecting you.

Un thankful... boy dont get me started on this.. will Im already started.
here in our neck of the woods is a lady that her husband passed away and she had two kids one a teen ager girl the other a pre teen boy. They were in need of a car. A fellow that I know gave them a running vehicle. Not bad at all he had bought himself a new vehicle. Asked me if I knew of anyone that needed a car.
I told him about this lady. she got the car free and clear.
then never told the fellow Thank you. but she did complain that the car was a quart of oil low and needed windsheild wipers.
So Unthankful all the way.

but the verse I really meant to call attention to is
Verse 3 the veryfirst of the verse.. Without natural affection,
Now before you try to burn me at the stake Im not talking about homosexuality. In this three words it means.. A child not loving his parents and a parent not loving or caring for their child.

Here is the reason I brought this up.
A mom that had hidden or buried 4 infants dead.
the mom that had her children in the car in which they died. then hid them in trash bags under the kitchen sink
Here a while back a mother that had left the two babies she had in a stroler outside all night while she slept in the house.
So this is why I think that Christ is coming soon.
not just that but all the things the scriptures say about the end of time are in our news today.

Now if you dont agree. Thats ok.. it is up to you to be prepared.

dale

Mt-24:44
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What makes you think I belive in your Bible?

Hey Moopups, what's the reasoning in such a reply? I think that was pretty rude. If you don't believe in it, why read the post? I, personally, can see what Dale's point is. I was reading the news yesterday and just shook my head at all the bad things people are doing. These are unthinkable acts in my mind. What's wrong with people these days?

·
Gimme a YAAAAY!
5,327 Posts
Dale, thanks for that.
If it piques even one person's curiosity enough that it encourages them to read/learn about God and His plans for us, then you've done a good thing.

I became comfortable many years ago with the notion that the Tribulation COULD happen in my lifetime. Though the order of events is debatable for many, I stand firm in my own beliefs of "what happens next". The sooner the better, I say! YAY! :bow:

Moopups, did you feel that Dale was addressing YOU, specifically? If your reply was solely to stir the pot, remember that this isn't GC. Feel free to bypass threads in which you don't believe the subject matter.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
moopups said:
What makes you think I belive in your Bible?
Thank you, Mitch! That comment kind of helps make Dale's point! (ie: lack of compassion and respect for others, fierce, despisers of those that are good, blasphemers, etc.).

I agree we surely must be approaching the last days. We tend to look at scripture like this only in our country/culture; but these things are now also occuring worldwide in every culture - even in those in which have not changed in thousands of years.

·
Registered
627 Posts
But, hasn't every previous generation thought the same thing of the younger generation! I am sure people thought Jesus was rather disrespectful of his elders...and he was at times...no denying that...and he was disrespectful of his mother at the Wedding, in my eyes...if my kid ever called me Woman..he better be the son of God...cause he was gonna meet his daddy big time! :angel:

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
I know exactly what you're saying, Dale. I too believe that His coming is fast approaching and honestly, I ilook forward to it.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
vickiesmom said:
But, hasn't every previous generation thought the same thing of the younger generation! I am sure people thought Jesus was rather disrespectful of his elders...and he was at times...no denying that...and he was disrespectful of his mother at the Wedding, in my eyes...if my kid ever called me Woman..he better be the son of God...cause he was gonna meet his daddy big time! :angel:
LOL! I see what you're saying. However, if I may, can I point out one thing? Jesus wasn't being disrespectful. If he were, he'd be breaking "Honor your father and mother". Jesus was fulfilling prophecy. Eve was called Woman. She was the mother of the human race. Jesus referring to Mary as "Woman" was an indication that she was the mother of a new race, the race of God's children in grace.

·
Registered, here...
477 Posts
:D Yes, "the Day of Judgment" has been "just around the corner" for about two thousand years. "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" (Heb 9:27) In essence, this life as a fragile and limited being is all I have with which to "prove" who and what I live for, and on it's completion, I am judged. If I have lived for myself, seeking my own pleasure and desires above all else, there is nothing great or noble in me worthy of continued existence in the Presence of the Creator of the Universe. "Eternal Hell" or termination is sort of a moot point: I would have failed my "reason for existence" test.

As for this 'classroom' we inhabit, as has been done before (with the Flood), there comes a time when the vast majority of the 'students' think they are running the school, and the Head Master, who has allowed us to set this up as the test, expels them, graduating those few who have done well by the founding standard of the school.

I know, it isn't "verbatim Scripture", but as Paul knew and practiced: one uses things others might understand to help them with the things they don't.

Is "the Promised End" coming soon? I believe so, but not just for the reasons Dale posted. That set of complaints has been around for centuries, and has had times of greater and lesser "witness". What convinces me, is the Revelation of John, particularly chapter 6, which speaks of the 'beginning of the end'.

1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

What era of earthly kingdoms was 'white'? One that governed from Whitehall? whose nobles wore white wigs, one that went forth conquering until "the sun never set" on it's empire? As I see it: The age of colonialism.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Can anyone name the Red era? The one that arose as colonialism was falling apart, that took peace from the earth and brought killing amongst themselves? (hint: think "purges" and "cold war"). Highlight this line if you still don't get it: Communism!

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

And what era / system of thought would make commerce the primary function of life to a degree unimaginable even 50 years ago? (capitalism) And isn't the "wisdom of commerce" devoid of any "light"?

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

In the Greek this was recorded in, "pale" is translated from the Greek "Chloros", as in chlorophyll, as in "green". Islam, whose symbol is the green star and green crescent on a white background (of colonization?), is the fastest growing religion in the world and now claims over 2 billion followers: about one fourth of the earth's population. Granted, very few of them are intolerant militant radicals, but many of their prominent leaders are, and their militant adherents blatantly (on global media) kill with the sword, and kill with hunger (look at Africa), and with 'death' (consider Saddam's gassing of the Kurds); but with the beasts of the earth? (could this be bacteriological stuff some claim they have been working on?). As anyone can tell, "it isn't over yet", and as most will admit: it isn't getting any better anytime soon.

Am I "right"? I am just as likely to be wrong (have been before, and will likely be again). Each of you have a brain, can probably sort the evidence, and in the end, will believe what you want to for reasons that 'work for you'.

Regardless of when "it" may happen, today IS a day closer than yesterday, and each of us have one less day left of whatever span we are allowed. How have you invested (or spent) yours? (careful: this is a trick question) :angel:

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Nobody knows when the end time is.. I heard today the lady that had her kids in a garbage bag, she never had them in the car.. she gave them baths, dressed them and put them in garbage bags and they died..:(

How sick is that?? there has been an upsurge though in violence it seems.. whether it's worse now or not i don't know. :shrug:

·
Banned
4,808 Posts
isnt this about how all humans have been since they hopped down out of the trees?

I mean, we are in one of the most peaceful, quiet and civil eras in human history NOW.

all these listed things here.... its nothing new, its been going on far worse in the past than now.

In the bible it talks about the last days. I will paste the King James Version
2Ti-3:1
¶ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti-3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti-3:3
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti-3:4
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti-3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
The things that Dale wrote were going on when Paul wrote about them, even up until today, and on until The Lord Jesus Christ Returns.

The thread was written to all who would read them not just Christians which is good.

But what moopupps said is not out of line really.
He just asked a question that has not been answered, and he should have a right to express his feelings just like any other Christian does about things they believe in or don't believe in.

What makes you think I believe in your Bible?
Many people on HT have said the same thing more than once, and why should everyone believe in the bible if they don't want to.

Also it was directed to all people not just Christians.

Homesteading Today has many Christians on it from all over the world but HT is not a Christian only Fourm either.

HT is open to all religions and non-religious people.

I do not see where moopups was disrespectful or rude toward Christians or dale.

Yes I am a very serious Christian but he was not rude or disrespectful toward anyone in particular.

But he did ask a question that no one has answered yet.

bumpus

·
Registered
627 Posts
BAmaBubba said:
LOL! I see what you're saying. However, if I may, can I point out one thing? Jesus wasn't being disrespectful. If he were, he'd be breaking "Honor your father and mother". Jesus was fulfilling prophecy. Eve was called Woman. She was the mother of the human race. Jesus referring to Mary as "Woman" was an indication that she was the mother of a new race, the race of God's children in grace.
You sound like one of my kids trying to wiggle out of something! If that is how Jesus meant it..why does he not say..."Woman...and I only call you woman so others from here on end will know you are.....yada, yada, yada. "It is like I tell my kids...I don't care what you meant...I care about what you said...and rude is rude. So....what did he MEAN by tearing up the Temple??? That isn't tolerant behavior...or even polite...that would be like me going to a Temple and acting fool cause I don't go for what they're preaching....and I don't think good manners are a new thing...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts