Solving the problem with the doe who wouldn't milk

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Meg Z, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

When I went out to milk this morning, Blackberry laid down as soon as I went to wash her udder. I didn't milk. (the kids are still young enough that I don't 'need' to milk). An ad goes in the paper tomorrow. One Nubian, with two boer cross, two week old bucklings.

I was planning on selling them with bucklings intact, because a lot of ethnic folks prefer to eat them that way. Do you think I should wether them instead, before they go, so some idiot doesn't use them for breeding, because they're 'pretty'? (I've already had one person ask me to leave Barbeque Two intact for breeding to her pygmy/mutt doeling!)

What would you do?

Meg

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd sell them as is.....goats can be cut or banded at almost any age....your ad could say....will wether if preferred....

3. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Wether them now. There are way too many bucks that don't improve anyone's bloodlines and end up lonely and ill treated because they stink during the rut and people who don't know much about buck goats neglect them. There's still a good meat market for fat wether kids.

4. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

I PM'd you (long) with some suggestions. Best of luck, and please do let us know how it goes.