Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my printer and could not print anything. Tried the print doctor and that did not work so I restored my computer to 3/1/2018. My printer is working now but I can not get on the solitaire games. When I click on the icon, it says-- can not open this app. How do I get that back? I looked in the program and features in the control panel and I do not see the games.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
If you want free versions of old windows solitaire and other games, they are out there. Even the XP space cadet pinball game. Be careful, some are packaged with added nasties. There are also third party packages of solitaire games for windows, though you have to be really careful as lot of them either restrict the game or include nasties. And you can find the old DOS solitaire games and run them in DOSbox. They are pretty safe, most very old and designed to run on DOS computers, before all the added nonsense.

Doesnt do original poster any good, but there is a great free package of solitaire games for linux. Called AisleRiot Solitaire. Very nice package with lot variety.

I gotta have my Spider Solitaire, Frozen Bubbles, and a particular version Chinese Checkers for linux.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
If you download and install the Windows 7 games be sure to keep the installation file. Some updates to Windows 8 & 10 will block these games. You have to re-install them. Solitaire keeps all your scoring data, so it only takes a few minutes to get back to playing after an update.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I downloaded those simple games many years ago... forget what computer I was using at the time, but managed to take them with me to all my new computers. They're tiny little files too, Solitaire is only 56 kb.
I play it on my phone now so....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts