Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to think of different products, and since I frequent our local Agway, I was wondering about selling soap for animals---even soap for animals with sensitive skin.
Are there any special regulations (besides not purchasing glycerin from China :nono: )?

How about recipes?

TIA! Jill.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Are you planning on making soap from scratch, or purchasing a glycerin base (melt and pour) soap?

No need to purchase glycerin if you're actually making the soap, as it's a natural by-product of the process. Lye soaps from scratch are typically much milder than melt and pour soaps, too.

As important as the oils you select for your soap are the essential oils you choose to use. I always debate whether or not to give folks a list of oils to use, because I'm a big fan of doing your own work and research; you'll learn a lot more and actually be able to tell folks why you've chosen to use a specific oil, which is always a good thing. I'm kinda mean that way :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, you should do your research on eo's before making animal products. EO's should not be used on cats, and you need to know which ones can be used on dogs or horses before you start out. Happy learning!
Pat

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
I've used my soap on animals. You are pretty safe with lavender e.o.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts