so what's new? and Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by michelleIL, Nov 25, 2004.

1. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

Just a note to say hello to all. I should have my two year associates degree by the end of Spring semester. I can't wait. Should be wonderful. Hoping it will be easier to get a decent job this way.
    Just looking for a littel office job to get me through to my bachelor's degree.
    Dad's cooking Turkey and dressing to take out to the nursing home my aunt dessie lives in, and hopefully my brother, his fiance and my nephew will make it there. We won't be having our dinner until Friday, as everyone will be out of town today. Take care everyone!
    Michelle

2. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

congrats on your (soon to be) Associates. I should be finishing mine over the summer.

what's your major?

Happy Thanksgiving

3. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

I think it will be an Associate in Art.
    Can I ask what you are majoring in?
    I hope to get a bachelor in either Humanities or Art. Not sure which oone I want.....probly be Humanities.

4. pcdreams

Associate of Science in Network Technology (formal way of saying computer nerd) ;)

I've had some humanities and they are.. interesting.. LOL.
    I have Soc this semester as well as Poly Sci.
    I took public speeking over the summer (not really as bad as everyone makes it out to be).

just have a couple more gen ed things then it's all major stuff.

5. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

Hey, this world needs computer nerds now more than ever. It seems everything is computerised! You're getting into a wonderful field. I like Humanities classes. If anything they make you think! It's funny, on a lot of college campuses there is some sort of rivalry between the major disciplines. When I went to Western Illinois University in Macomb, it was like that a little bit, and I have a friend who is a humanities major who always got jabs for it.
    I like the History and English aspect the most.....the philosophy part is more of an aside for me. I wanted something broad so I could do more with it. I wouldn't mind teaching High School.
    Does that mean I'm getting old??? lol

6. pcdreams

Didn't mean that comment as a jab. I actually like Soc. Just I have a bad (as in very very senile) instructor. I end up reading the book for content because his lectures tend to be about him and his family instead of about Soc. Nice fellow but bad instructor. :)

I never was good at english. Math was always my thing but as I get older I find myself correcting my english flaws more often than not.

heck the wife even has me saying. ".. and I" instead of "me and .." LOL

7. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

That's funny, because I had an instructor that was nearing retirement, like he was retiring at the end of the semester, so we got forty percent of our grade for just showing up to class! Didn't learn much, but got the credit, and there are times that I will take any break I can get.
    I hope the geezer doesn't grade real tough for you! That would suck!
    And I didn't take your comment as a jab at all.

8. pcdreams

You're not from Springfield are you? That sounds like my instructor. We only have a mid-term and a final. I did bad on the midterm but never missed a day of class. Well I have an A in there somehow. LOL

9. michelleIL

michelleIL tryna be His

No, I went to Western Illinois University in Macomb, IL.