So STUBBORN!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by allenslabs, Sep 20, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Geez...... I've had my alpines a few months now and all have been in together before but had been apart for a month or so. Today I stuck em all in together again and my goodness!! My little saanen nanny who is about the size of a small lab and is almost 2 would NOT stop messing with those large does! And they wouldn't either and poor nanny ended up with some bald spots on her head from butting so much! They'd quit and then go again.... it was rediculous.
    Any of you had any go at it that bad. I am talking hours. And one alpine clementine was biting! She bit one goats ear, nannys tongue and just kept biting her. I would yell at em but they'd just look at me with their shoulders locked and go at it again. Nuts!

2. Starsmom

Starsmom Well-Known Member

They are just establishing the pecking order. It will settle down after a few days. Just keep an eye on them and make sure no one gets too rough. Don't want anyone hurt. Usually they will work it all out themselves.

3. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I agree, they should be fine in a couple of days. They just need to figure out where they stand in the herd, again. Hop they stop soon, Bye.