Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious about the black watnut production. We live in Southern MO, and our trees don't have one walnut on them this year, which is a blessing for us since we don't use them. We do, however, always let friends come in and pick them up to sell. They have to be picked up or else when we mow we have rockets flying around striking whatever is near.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Don't really know yet I hope they produced well.So many depend on the for an Income.

big rockpile

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big rockpile said:
Don't really know yet I hope they produced well.So many depend on the for an Income.

Yes, I know people depend on the income from them. That's why I can't stand to dump them. When we were kids we always HAD to get out and pick them up....and there were many, many trees to clean up under. The money we got from them was used to buy our winter shoes and socks. We also had to hull them back then. Now they have the hulling machines all set up to do that nasty job, so see, Southern Missouri is progressing!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Here in Michigan our black walnuts only produce every other year. We have enough that some produce each year. Is that not so in other areas?

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
diane said:
Here in Michigan our black walnuts only produce every other year. We have enough that some produce each year. Is that not so in other areas?

The walnut trees here in our yard produce every year. Some years the production is heavier, but we always pick up 5-6 100 lb. bags full.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts