so many people view

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jensue, Dec 9, 2004.

1. jensue

jensue Member

I was just wondering.............so many people view posts, but don't give any comments. I just thought I would make a suggestion. It is very frustrating to see many people reading posts and not giving any comments on any particular subject matter. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas or personal experiences with the subject at hand, please comment, as there are those of us out there who don't know what we are doing.......just trying to gain knowledge. Thanks, and I hope I did not offend anyone.

2. Wannabee

Wannabee Foggy Dew Farms

I viewed, and I agree. Tons of people view. Maybe they don't have time to respond then, or maybe they don't have anything to add. Trust me, if I have anything, I will add to it!

3. dugan

dugan Well-Known Member

read the threads a lot of info there

4. JackieA

JackieA Well-Known Member

Some of us are really new/heading towards a homesteading type of life so we ask questions &/or just take notes! JackieA

5. Rancher

Rancher Well-Known Member

What I think is happening is most people read the post to GET ideas. I know I do. I might not have anything to add cuz I have no knowledge on that subject. Also the "Post Subject" doesnt always give the best decription on the subject to tell us what is in the post so we have to open the post to just see whats in the post. This is a great website and I love reading the post just for knowledge and entertainment. I cant speak for everyone else but I dont post most of the time cuz its ideas I'm looking for... not info to give out. If I had info I would surely give it. Like now. hehehehee
    Rancher

6. cindyloo

cindyloo Member

I have to agree. I do more reading for info than having anything knowledgable to say. But I know the frustration when you have a question or are looking for advice and everybody is reading your question but nobody is offering any help.

cindy

7. Rancher

Rancher Well-Known Member

But it is better to get the RIGHT answer then one that is made up just to satisfy the need to reply.....dont you think? I do understand what your saying but i prefer to receive the right info then to hear form someone that thinks his/her answer is correct becuz they think its the way it should be.
    Rancher

8. nans31

nans31 Well-Known Member

While I agree that it's frustrating that no-one posts answers to questions, but I also have to say that I post here like I have conversations in my life. I don't feel I have to put in a comment into every conversation. I put my .02 in when I feel it contributes something. Otherwise, I am a quiet fly on the wall.
    nan

9. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I own exactly one rabbit. I am afraid that I come here mostly to learn: I don't have much to offer a newbie. Even the newbies know more than I! :haha:

Yes, I HAVE posted a few replies....very few! ;)

10. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I open this site up, before work and after work. It usually has between 150 and 250 new posts each time. I run my arrow over the topic and it tells me the beginning of the post. If it's interesting, I open it. I usually browse them all with the arrow only. I probably open 1/4 of them. Maybe I respond to one or two a day. I would have to be unemployed to spend any more time at it.
    There are some folks that have the time to respond more. This is the most active forum that I know of and most posts are answered, by someone.

11. inc

inc Well-Known Member

well, do you want me around? i have had rabbits in the past and hope to again someday.