So, did everyone get..

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Stacy Adams, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

what they wanted for Christmas??

2. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

I asked for Hoegger's & Caprine Supply gift certificates (even forwarded the links!) and got a 20 pc. silverware setting- although I never entertain and don't even have a dining table- and a cordless phone, which I will never use, as a major source of local entertainment is listening to the scanner and I really don't want the neighbors listening to my phone calls. They got me a cordless phone last year and I explained why I couldn't use it and got it returned. BTW this is my family who ought to know better.

I just don't know why people do this! I just think of all the good goat stuff I could get with the $$ tied up in a pile of stuff I have no use for and am just :waa: :waa:

I'm just feeling Grinchy.

For Christmas, the goats got 2 bales of straw put in their pen, and they are having a great time standing on them, jumping back and forth and playing king of the mountain. It's been too cold to let them outside this week and they're geting stir-crazy. They also got 2 bottles of fruit flavored Tums from my sister. There's a dish of cal. carb. with their minerals but no, it's gotta be fruit flavored.

3. deetu

deetu Well-Known Member

Ooooh, Tums, never thought of that. Is it good for them? One doe had a tummy ache before Christmas and I gave her Pepto. The vet said she would have given something else but I always used Pepto in the past and it worked this time too. Tums...

The best thing I got from my husband was a new pair of deerskin work gloves...soooo soft. I was looking around, then said, "you didn't get me two pairs by chance, did you?" I go through them really fast. (Around here they are hard to find in a small size)

My son got me DVD's of "Man from Snowy River" and "Return to Snowy River" Just what I wanted. I also wanted "Sylvester" but my birthday is coming up so...

4. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

I got some teal colored leather work gloves too. I love mine. They fit so good. I really needed a new pair too. My other ones had a hole in the palm and the other one had a hole in one of the fingers. :p a 6 quart crock pot for those slow cooked soups and stews...MMMmmm yumm.....My favorite perfume plus a few other things. My husband and I got our 3 year old boy one of those HUGE Tonka metal dump trucks and DH told me about the 1958 red Ford Tonka Dump Truck he had when he was a kid. He got it for Christmas and hadn't had it very long when his papa backed over it in the driveway. He cried for days. He never got a new dump truck. I found him one just like it on eBay. I bought it, but the guy didn't take paypal so I had to waste time sending a money order. (I don't usually buy from anybody that doesn't take paypal...but oh well....) Anyway the thing didn't get here in time for Christmas (which is his birthday as well), but.... can't wait to get it. He will be so surprised. Maybe he and our son can spend some time out in the dirt together. :D Hope everybody had a great Christmas!!

5. Shahbazin

Shahbazin Well-Known Member

Thank goodness, my family understands me :) I got a new DeWalt circular saw (to replace my 30 year Black & Decker with the frayed cord) from my dad, a new shepherd's crook (the old one was rather tweaked) & some books on growing giant pumpkins from my DH, some rigged hand shears (useful for my little Angora wether, as well as the sheep) & a hand held digital scale with a sling (for kids/lambs, & fleeces) from my mom. Among other things, my DH got the new coffeepot he needed, mom got some books & stationary, & my dad got a handspun wool cap I crocheted for him (mom already got a hat for her birthday last month).

6. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I got PJ's, a subscription to a goat magazine, a promise to build me a nice new milk stand and paint both milk stands :) . But my best christmas present is yet to come...in 2 weeks to be precise..my first doe is kidding :haha: . Funny how something like that would make me so happy :D .

MotherClucker

7. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

Deetu, Tums is (are?) good for them if they are eating much grain- that gives them a acid stomach. Mine have calcium carbonate- the active ingredient in Tums- as a free choice mineral. Comes in a 50 lb sack for $6 but that's icky, they want the $$$$$$ fruit flavor! They're not spoiled or anything...

I shouldn't whine too much- my present to myself was the 1998 ADGA show volume and learned that the doe that two of my girls are linebred on, was 2nd place five year old milker at the nationals that year. A homebred, household milker beating out all those GCHs... pretty neat.

8. ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs Well-Known Member

I was involved in two christmas exchanges......

one at work (received a metal container with hand-mixed flavored coffees, hot-chocolate and other such ymmy drinks)

and one on another forum I'm on (received a "learn to crochet" kit and a set of artist's chalks).

Other than that we didn't do any gift exchanges with family or friends as we donate to charities instead. I do custom-make a new card every year so we do send out a lot of cards.

Hubby and I did purchase two items we've been wanting to get for ourselves......a VitaMix and a hand-crank milk seperator so I guess those COULD be considered xmas gifts.

9. Stacy Adams

Except for ForMyACDs, no cream separaters? no disbudding irons? no semen tanks?? what's this world comming to??? :haha:

10. Kaye White

Kaye White Active Member

:eek: :haha: Does $200 toward semen count???? :dance: that's what DH gave me! Gotta' love the man!Part of my X-mas was in Nov.(SSW clinic)-DH bought me a new French needle gun-have used it twice on friends does-Absolutely LOVE IT!French O ring Gun is now retired! Since ADGA convention is within driving distance in 2005...already have list started on who's going in the tank!!

Kids-human-gave me a 6qt. crock pot! When kidding starts around here....7 course meals are extinct! My family knows anything to do with *warm and comfy*suits Mom to a tee! No perfume,jewelry,bath soaps here!
    Kaye

11. Stacy Adams

Why is a needle gun easier than the o-ring gun??

12. Kaye White

Kaye White Active Member

I don't have a clue.? But,I am able to get into/through cervix a whole lot easier than with French O-ring.And with a lot less manipulation.
    My idea ?...the needle is much smaller than the tip of sheath used on the O-ring gun thus making it easier to get into the rings.It practically goes through the cervical rings on it's own.None to little pressure needed.
    Kaye

13. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Hey I got some goatie stuff! What about a new milk stand? and my promise to paint both? and my goat magazine?? They where going to get me some stuff from online but the stuff wouldn't get here untill after christmas.

MotherClucker

14. Stacy Adams

Yea, your right.. I forgot how important a milkstand is!! :eek:

15. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Well I got my cement promised before kidding and my milkstand is being made right now. I also was suprised with a 8foot carrier with a really nice canvas top to carry the goats in the bed of my pickup....guess everyone was sick of seeing that ugly white fiberglass thing, with the bungy cord holding the door down :) It actaully worked excellent and if your local and need it, it's FREE!!!

I also ordered my lid, new pulsator and lines,,and Goater (the DEAR woman, harassed her husband, Goater's Hubby, and mine when they came to visit to the point that they got out the tools and fixed my show milker, I mean right then!! Yippeee! Only took a YEAR!

I will have to go over and visit them soon, perhaps with a precall to Goater to see what project I can goad her hubby into finishing! Vicki

16. ForMyACDs

ForMyACDs Well-Known Member

of course what I WAAAAAANTED was a semen tank (I have all the other AI supplies except a tank and the swimmers to put in it).

Ah well......