Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hmmm...it could go either way. He could know of your DH, like the way I knew of my new neighbor's ex husband because his father used to be my other neighbor's plumber (seriously).

I wouldn't know him to stop him on the street and have a conversation but I would "know" him enough to pick his house instead of the house beside him if my truck broke down in the area.

I hope he pays you back. If not, he may have really really needed the money. Your DH is a good guy.

/VM

P.S. If I was home alone, I wouldn't have opened the door to him, either, although I would have offered to call someone for him.
you'll be really lucky if he stays away----

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
It's been 13 years with no update. I doubt he ever came back.

This is a coincidence though, the knock on the door at night thing has been going on around here lately. At one house a man just opened the door and walked in, it was locked just not shut tight.

·
Premium Member
6,803 Posts
A big dog does help. One of my dogs means business and whenever anyone comes to my door, they always back up about 5 feet and talk to me from there, watching the dog and not looking at me.

Just for prowlers, the other dog, who is a big marshmallow, has a bark that shakes the rafters. No burglar wants to see what is attached to a bark that size. She really is big enough to go with that bark, but she is wussy and no danger to anyone. The Australian Shepherd is half the size but he would take you right out of he thought you were a threat to me.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I have a Anatolian Shepard running loose in my yard, and nobody ever comes to my door, day or night.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts