Snowin like crazy!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sisterpine, Nov 27, 2006.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

It is sooo pretty outside and so quiet when it snows. Esp since I took today off just to play around the sted. Am gonna go to town to the lumber store and to get the old tires rotated but I will not be in any hurry going down this mountain! Yesterday was the last day of hunting season and the log truck already went by so I should meet no traffic on the road for a change. One lane roads down mountains are a bit tricky with traffic. Expecting 8 or so inches today they say...unusual November this has been for sure! Sis

2. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

3. heidith

heidith Well-Known Member

Sighhhhhhh...meanwhile here in NY it's 60 degrees and the ticks are having a field day. I miss the winters of my childhood. I grew up on the Canadian border during the 60s and 70s and we had SNOW!! And COLD!! It was SO GREAT!! I truly miss it. Enjoy your snow. Maybe we should move to Butte... :)
    Heidi in NY

4. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Down here in the city (Denver) we don't have anything nor are we expecting, but the mountains to the west are due to get anywhere from 1- 3 feet today!

5. Traci Ann

Traci Ann Domestic Engineer

I want snow so bad....But am praying it holds off in KC until after our TX social worker comes and leaves next week (the 6th to the 8th). Might I add she is praying for no snow as well LOL!

6. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Where's the photos?

In N. Alabama getting up to about 68 or 70 today and clear blue skies.

Angie

7. mtmama

mtmama Well-Known Member

Sisterpine, I wondered if you were buried today! We got 14" inches of snow in this storm in NW Montana! Now they say that we are going to get low temps below zero and highs in the single didgets. It's been a long time since we have had this much snow at once, or even all winter. Keep warm! :)

8. patarini

patarini Well-Known Member

70 here in tn, sunshine and pretty!

9. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Ya had 5 inches when i got home at noon and snowing still. For photos just take lisa's and remove the river but leave the drive way LOL sis

10. mayfair

mayfair a yard full of chickens

I love snow, too. We just had a rare snowfall and it so pretty! Not enough to do much but build a snowman but they closed all the schools. That is so weird- this barely qualified as snow. There are bare spots under the trees.

11. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

We got ten inches since 2:00pm yesterday. That is almost unheard of, and its certainly been a few years since we've had anything near that. Supposed to dip into the 20's tonight with another 3 inches in the lowlands, so we may get another 1/2 foot or so. Fun to hear the trees snapping out in the woods! DW stayed home today as the car just isn't made for unplowed roads. She plans to go in tomorrow, but the hospital may force her to stay there if the snow continues. Aarrgghh!
    Everybody but the peafowl are doing well. I cleared a spot for them and put feed down, but they ignored it. All they did all day was move into a different tree nearer the house.
    Power was out for about 5 hours yesterday, thank goodness for the gas range and wood heat.
    We are battened down and waiting to see what tomorrow looks like.

12. tinda

tinda Well-Known Member

We just had a little powder of snow BUT the temp, with wind chill is -40!! It is supposed to warm up in a day or two.

Have been without running water for two days due to the lines freezing. I sent to town for some heat tape so now the water is running once more. Thank goodness for those bottles of water I had stashed.