Snopes and reading

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by john#4, Apr 11, 2005.

1. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

A lot of people on hear have read Snopes and talked about it. I tried them and wow I liked them.
    My question is are there any others like them? A lot of reading and interesting things?
    I have spent quite a flew hours reading and am almost out of reading.
    Thank You,
    John#4

2. Nancy in Maine

Nancy in Maine Well-Known Member

Try www.factcheck.org Not the same variety as snopes, it's all political stuff. But interesting reading none the less.

3. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

if you like crime stories there's http://www.crimelibrary.com/

I used to read that when I had a really boring job where I did absolutely nothing. Only problem was I'd be my myself in the office all night and reading that stuff gaves me the creeps sometimes.

Jena

4. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

My absolute favorite clandestine love is Fortean Times magazine, the journal of unexplained phenomena. They aren't sceptics nor believers but just present information of odd events and allow people to draw their own conclusions. Their website is www.forteantimes.com and they have lots of fun articles to read.

Another great alternative news source is www.niagarafallsreporter.com. The guys are basically a bunch of semi-retired reporters so they speak their mind!

Beaux

5. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

truthorfiction.com

6. caballoviejo

caballoviejo Well-Known Member

Last time I went to Snopes I found it had turned political.

7. antiquestuff

antiquestuff Well-Known Member

Yep-they had quite the agenda the last time I went on there-not really a good source of info. if you ask me-I love the fact that the stuff I saw an agenda in wasn't even referenced for where they got their info. from-not very good work if you ask me. Everything should have references/citations for where it comes from...

8. john#4

john#4 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would like to thank everyone for the response I have book marked them and will get to them later to day.
    Any more? Thank you,
    John#4