Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already put down several square yards of wood chips in spots too tight for my mower, so here's hoping you won't tell me any bad news, but having replaced grass with wood chips in these spots next to my house am I going to increase my snake encounters?

And how about as I increase the amount of cute plants growing up from the wood chips leaving eventually only cement pavers to step on amidst the low growing herbs and flowers?

Thanks in advance.

P

·
0 Posts
Jenn said:
I have already put down several square yards of wood chips in spots too tight for my mower, so here's hoping you won't tell me any bad news, but having replaced grass with wood chips in these spots next to my house am I going to increase my snake encounters?

And how about as I increase the amount of cute plants growing up from the wood chips leaving eventually only cement pavers to step on amidst the low growing herbs and flowers?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure about Alabama, but it is no problem here in Illinois. Ants are another matter. They love mulch and it takes a lot of insecticide to soak through it and kill them. Lots of people here are removing it next to there house for that reason. Out away from the house it is fine.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I would think the snakes would prefer the grass for hiding in, or hot rocks to bask on...not wood chips.

Now blackwidow spiders, on the other hand, love wood chips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts